Getting my doors blown off, I don't care.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Something I've noticed since day one with the Raptor, it seems as though every pickup driver out there wants to blow my doors off. I don't consider myself a slowpolk on the road as I normally drive the speed limit + 10%. When I'm traveling on the highway and get passed by another offroad type vehicle it's like they do it with an exclamation point. Not that it matters, just an observation and I really don't care but it seems the Raptor is considered the truck to beat. Am I all wet or do others experience the same aggression from other offroad type vehicle drivers.

wjoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing happens to me. I usually drive around 80mph on the freeway here. It's always the lifted F-150s and Rams. The bigger the tires and higher the lift, the more they need to show up a Raptor. I was on the way home last night and a Ram just had to pass me like I was standing still. No problem, for me at all, then he got pulled over by SAPD a mile or so down the road. :happy175:

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just give them the L at the stop light in my R.( the rear squat boosted launch in 4a exhaust in baja) then after one launch the rice burners/ diesel bois leave me alone for fear of been embarrassed by a off-road truck on 37’s lol. out of the 7 raptors i have had(gens1-3) not many want to line up to the R? maybe the Red R bedside graphic is some sort of repellent or most are educated gear heads that know what it is?? idk …never been happier to get 8 mpg the fun factor is so worth it

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I don’t have this experience at all, though I’m generally much more concerned with road obstacles and idiots. Anyone determined to go faster than me usually isn’t getting an argument from me, I’m enjoying the ‘blocker’ for the most part.

A prius speeds by, clicks over in front of me then slows to under the speed limit.

And this is why I do NOT let my wife drive Lucille. They pull that stupidity on her and they’re getting PUNTED. I actually had a Mustang GT do this to me near JB Randolph. The dude jumps left at like 40mph in a 60 zone. I’m in 4a, so I just punch it and pass him on the grass. I do not have the inclination find out their intentions after something like that.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The unknown whine coming from under the hood seems to draws the retards, especially the charger crowd in the ATL.

Who knew a vaccum leak could have such an effect.
In the 90’s -- the 1990’s, that is, I found my way into owning a 1990 Kawasaki ZX11. At the time, it was the fastest production motorcycle. It was hoot but it stayed stock about .75 years until I started modding. I punched it from 1052 to 1206cc and a bunch of other stuff. I’d run Midnight Madness at MIR a few times a month for grins.

I’m headed to work on my 11, stopped at a light when a couple in a 5.0 notchback stage next to me. Dude revs his engine several times, I turned, and shook my head no. He was having none of it and was determined to show me who was boss. I turned again, and noticed, he’s hauling a HUGE television in the trunk. I looked at the dude, then his trunk, then him and then straight forward, folded my arms and waited for the light. I’m standing there patiently, arms still folded as the yellow comes on for the cross street.

dude raises his rpms, I’m still standing there straddling the 11, arms folded. Yellow goes to red the other way and he begins to creep forward. Our light goes green and he is OFF with a holeshot that is really impressive for a manual 5.0. Unfortunately, his television did not come with them and shattered all over the highway as he launched. The woman next to him began an animated discussion at which point I unfolded my arms, clutch in, visor down, and I rolled past at a really slow pace until I got right next to him
then it was WFO for a few hundred yards.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the 90’s -- the 1990’s, that is, I found my way into owning a 1990 Kawasaki ZX11. At the time, it was the fastest production motorcycle. It was hoot but it stayed stock about .75 years until I started modding. I punched it from 1052 to 1206cc and a bunch of other stuff. I’d run Midnight Madness at MIR a few times a month for grins.

I’m headed to work on my 11, stopped at a light when a couple in a 5.0 notchback stage next to me. Dude revs his engine several times, I turned, and shook my head no. He was having none of it and was determined to show me who was boss. I turned again, and noticed, he’s hauling a HUGE television in the trunk. I looked at the dude, then his trunk, then him and then straight forward, folded my arms and waited for the light. I’m standing there patiently, arms still folded as the yellow comes on for the cross street.

dude raises his rpms, I’m still standing there straddling the 11, arms folded. Yellow goes to red the other way and he begins to creep forward. Our light goes green and he is OFF with a holeshot that is really impressive for a manual 5.0. Unfortunately, his television did not come with them and shattered all over the highway as he launched. The woman next to him began an animated discussion at which point I unfolded my arms, clutch in, visor down, and I rolled past at a really slow pace until I got right next to him
then it was WFO for a few hundred yards.
Epic win

I found the 5.0 crowd to be some of the dooshiest car guys back in the day.

I had a 89 GT with a 347/TKO and was always being challenged by some doosher with a stock bottom end and a B cam.