Gen3 2024 - Dynamic Bending Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danielhsieh

Reaction score
New member and owner of 2024 801A. First Raptor and loving it.

I noticed on the sticker that the truck comes with Dynamic Bending Headlights. The headlights does perform a calibration during startup so the hardware is there but it does not seem to work while driving. I do have another vehicle that has this type of headlight technology and understand how it works with increase in speed/turn angle and etc. I also searched though all the settings in the truck and wasn’t able to find anything related to this.

IMG_3289.jpeg

Reaction score
follow this link for more info.
https://media.ford.com/content/ford...-high-beams-on-worry-free--new-ford-head.html
You have to be up to speed, 25mph+, for the lighting to work. Below 25mph, the lights will still turn relative to your steering wheel. It is actually pretty cool tech. It is super convenient not having to worry about the high beams for on coming traffic. The truck does it for me. I had the auto high beams, which was cool too, but then had the truck programed for the Glare free lighting and I prefer that.

MORaptor1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While you are driving slow, turn the wheel left and right. You should see the headlights very obviously moving the direction you turn. It’s very obvious. If you haven’t done glare free forscan, do it also.

Subaruski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glare free doesn't seem to work on 2024.

While you are driving slow, turn the wheel left and right. You should see the headlights very obviously moving the direction you turn. It’s very obvious. If you haven’t done glare free forscan, do it also.

OP
OP
D

danielhsieh

Reaction score
follow this link for more info.
https://media.ford.com/content/ford...-high-beams-on-worry-free--new-ford-head.html
You have to be up to speed, 25mph+, for the lighting to work. Below 25mph, the lights will still turn relative to your steering wheel. It is actually pretty cool tech. It is super convenient not having to worry about the high beams for on coming traffic. The truck does it for me. I had the auto high beams, which was cool too, but then had the truck programed for the Glare free lighting and I prefer that.

Do you have a 2024? I've read Glare Free is not avaiable on the 24.

I've tried driving at different speeds and the headlights are fixed straight ahead. I've also read somewhere, you can enable adaptive headlights in settings -> vehicle -> lighting -> adaptive headlights. Only option I can find in that menu is auto high beams.

MORaptor1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I've tried driving at different speeds and the headlights are fixed straight ahead. I've also read somewhere, you can enable adaptive headlights in settings -> vehicle -> lighting -> adaptive headlights. Only option I can find in that menu is auto high beams.
Bummer! Glare free is awesome.

awd5906

Reaction score

Are your lights in auto mode?

cscape

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Really…They took it out for 2024? This is one of the best hidden factory features on this truck!