Gen 3 SPD Trombone.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Now available at Apollo-Optics.com! The SPD trombone resonator delete for the gen 3 Raptor. It was discovered the OEM trombone was a full 7” different in length causing an uneven sound in your exhaust across the exhaust modes. SPD fixed that.

Lead time 8-10 weeks currently! Pre-order yours to be first. Follow the link below or shoot me a message.

The SPD Performance Trombone resonator delete kit is a game changer for the Gen 3 F-150 Raptors. The factory trombone on the Gen 3 is not quite equal length and SPD has solved this with their true equal length "trombone" resonator delete.

This kit is a one-piece construction for easy installation and made of 3" mandrel bent 304 stainless steel.

Compared to stock, this trombone will give you an overall smoother sounding tone and is a direct bolt-in replacement.

This trombone is compatible with the SPD Alpha Catted Downpipes for the Gen 3 as well.

SeasickLI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look great! Can we expect some videos from you similar to the downpipe clips? Would love to hear the sound difference vs stock.

leinad1904

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SPD did a video with the downpipes. But Johnny posted some great ones showing off the exhaust modes / drive bys. Think they’re in his thread on the forums here.
Oh I’ve seen the downpipe clips, and they’re awesome. Johnny did a better job at showcasing the sound than SPD did IMO. I’m referring to the aftermarket gen3 trombone.

OP
OP
Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Oh I’ve seen the downpipe clips, and they’re awesome. Johnny did a better job at showcasing the sound than SPD did IMO. I’m referring to the aftermarket gen3 trombone.
I too would like to hear a clip before purchasing.
I have the only one that exists at this time and unfortunately the only clips we have are from TRR where I did a little bit of suspension damage to my truck we’re fixing. I cant do a similar sound clip showcase until thats fixed and its back on the road. I was hoping last week then I ended up on a work trip so thinking July 4 weekend ill do some quick filming and editing. I appreciate your patience.

leinad1904

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered one. I figure SPD makes good stuff so I'll roll the dice and see how this goes!

Also, off topic but....K&N inlet tubes are on sale right now $50 off. So I ordered those too