Gen 3 raptor won’t start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tooldrmr2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Parasitic draws are super easy to find. Connect a multi meter between negative ground and main negative battery cable. Wait till truck goes to sleep and start pulling fuses/relay till the voltage drops. Then chase that circuit to see why it’s energized.
Bingo! Totally what I do all the time. Make sure to close your latches on your hood and doors to if there open so you can access all fuse boxes before you start pulling fuses. Otherwise you open a door or hood to get to fuses and you gotta wait 20-40 mins again for the vehicle to go to sleep and modules to power down so you can get a stable reading on the meter.

Teghogh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Parasitic draws are super easy to find. Connect a multi meter between negative ground and main negative battery cable. Wait till truck goes to sleep and start pulling fuses/relay till the voltage drops. Then chase that circuit to see why it’s energized.
I would do the opposite, voltage drop takes hours so you’d be waiting there for a long time. Take all the fuses out. Connect your multi meter in current mode in series. Put each fuse back one at a time. Wait a bit for the inrush current if any to settle. After a min, if you see anything in the order of 10ma or so you got a problem

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would do the opposite, voltage drop takes hours so you’d be waiting there for a long time. Take all the fuses out. Connect your multi meter in current mode in series. Put each fuse back one at a time. Wait a bit for the inrush current if any to settle. After a min, if you see anything in the order of 10ma or so you got a problem
Most vehicles will be in sleep mode within 45 minutes. If you take all of the fuses out and reinstall them one at a time, you would need to wait up to 45 minutes for it to go back to sleep, which won’t happen regardless because the loss of module communication would prevent each system from properly powering down.

The only accurate way is to remove fuses one at a time which monitoring current draw. The maximum current draw spec is 50 milliamperes once all systems have powered down.

ARB

Reaction score
Not being sarcastic or trying to be a wise guy, but I wonder why Ford wouldn't run into this battery draw issue on their testing trucks?
Seems weird.

Raptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sign me up for this same issue...:banghead:

Battery dies every night no matter where I put fob and even after I turn zone lighting off.

I keep a NOCO GB70 in the truck and jump it EVERY MORNING. It's ridiculous for an $80k truck!

I am going to try and do the parasitic draw test with my multimeter this weekend. At this point it can't hurt to try.

I have an appointment to have Dealer look at it on 10th.

Anyone else get or find a fix please let me know...