Gen 3 raptor won’t start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can only imagine your level of frustration with your new $80k Raptor. My guess is that the root cause will be something rather simple.

Hang in there and keep us updated on the diagnosis and repair.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only have a Gen 2 but the battery(AGM) has the power to have the Auto stop/start on and motor stopped with both front seat heaters, heated steering wheel on and the fan blowing heat. I know my M3 and Range Rover will NOT auto stop/start with any heating elements on.

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sign me up for this same issue...:banghead:

Battery dies every night no matter where I put fob and even after I turn zone lighting off.

I keep a NOCO GB70 in the truck and jump it EVERY MORNING. It's ridiculous for an $80k truck!

I am going to try and do the parasitic draw test with my multimeter this weekend. At this point it can't hurt to try.

I have an appointment to have Dealer look at it on 10th.

Anyone else get or find a fix please let me know...

Any aftermarket wiring or electronics, or completely stock? That’s got to be a very high amperage draw to drain the battery overnight.

OP
OP
zboilla

zboilla

Reaction score
Well after 3 batteries and a system update it was all going good. Tonight however the passenger headlight has decided to quit working. Any ideas? Is this still some sort of battery issue? Also just had the first oil change which took them 3 hours as the tech stated the filter was crossed threaded at the factory.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well after 3 batteries and a system update it was all going good. Tonight however the passenger headlight has decided to quit working. Any ideas? Is this still some sort of battery issue? Also just had the first oil change which took them 3 hours as the tech stated the filter was crossed threaded at the factory.
Hopefully it's just a bulb, do they still use bulbs on the Gen 3? Dang filter 'eh, good thing you weren't doing it yourself. Did they have to change out the threaded adaptor for the filter? Happy to hear they fixed your battery issue.

OP
OP
zboilla

zboilla

Reaction score
I cannot believe these trucks. I would think for the price they should work pretty darn good. No headlights, the Ford mother ship will only pay 60 dollars a day for a rental car, and now a pretty good clunk coming from the rear end. Where does this end? Any ideas in the clunk?

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I cannot believe these trucks. I would think for the price they should work pretty darn good. No headlights, the Ford mother ship will only pay 60 dollars a day for a rental car, and now a pretty good clunk coming from the rear end. Where does this end? Any ideas in the clunk?
search "clunk" there a dozen threads

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just throwing it out there but in Jeep world we love the NorthStar X2 power battery. You can buy it at batteries plus bulbs. In my opinion better than yellow top because it’s a 5 year warranty on it. Pretty tough to beat 5 years.

peh327

Reaction score
Hey OP, did you ever figure out your issue ?my 22 GEN 3 has problems starting as well. Took to the dealer while it’s still under warranty they replace battery and go to start up, tick tick tick. Same issue. Dealer starter could be bad or the relay but after you press the start button numerous times that usually goes but still unbelievably frustrating that this is happening in a brand new truck (15k miles now)