Gen 3 raptor won’t start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zboilla

Reaction score
2000 miles on the 3rd battery, dealer just continues to replace battery. Truck was built August 29th. Has anyone else seen this problem?

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sucks, sorry OP. It's clearly not the battery. You would think the dealership would realize that after the 2nd one died! There is a draw somewhere in the electrical system that they need to track down.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place, please post a pic of your Raptor. How long have you had your Raptor?

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anything aftermarket on the truck? It definitely has an excessive battery draw, they need to isolate the cause instead of just replacing batteries.

OP
OP
zboilla

zboilla

Reaction score
Nothing aftermarket. Just picked it up on the 8th. Have no clue. Did report with Ford so maybe they can look into it a little better.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know mine lights up if I go in the garage with my key. Possibility that the key is close to the truck and making it light up?

OP
OP
zboilla

zboilla

Reaction score
3 batteries so far. I agree they should be able to isolate it. Some of the early 2021 f150 had phantom battery drain and I’m starting to think it’s trickling over to these. Have gotten 2 reports from the truck saying it’s gone into deep sleep mode.

Oggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
zboilla

zboilla

Reaction score
That’s exactly what I showed the dealer. They say that it doesn’t fit within the build date range so there is no way that could be the problem.