GEN 3 Official Aftermarket Wheels Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You sure you don’t have those offsets backwards. There is nearly 3/4 inch difference in the two. 17x9 0 offset is almost the same as 17x8.5 -12

Yes Im sure. 17x9 -12 or 17x8.5 zero offsets where the two both places said where what they used 99% of the time.

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zero is common but i wouldn't do it with 37s. Try willtheyfit.com to get an idea of how different the wheel will be from stock. There are plenty of examples of sizes in this thread.

I know zero seems pretty popular. And I know about willitfit. It just doesnt show you if you will hit or not. It just shows how far out its going to be.

Based on what I have seen in this thread. I think I will be using 17x8.5 +6 to +12 with 37 KM3's. That or I am just going to buy some R take offs and not worry about wheel and offset choice.

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I don’t think 17x8.5 +00 and 17x9 -12 are the best or most functional fitments they are the most abundant. 17x8.5 +00 and 17x9 -12 are the most common fitments wheel companies build so by default they’re the most sold. Biggest reason behind that is the ability to fit a multitude of vehicles without paying for multiple molds. Cast molds can be 8-10k per style/size so it doesn’t make financial sense to have multiple molds for multiple trucks.

GM trucks can take lower offsets without the wheels poking out much. It’s been this way since the 2014 GM 1500’s came out.

Toyota Tacoma & 4Runner require 4.75” backspace to run oversize tires without hitting the UCA’s

Lifted Jeeps also require lower offset for proper clearance.

Even though these vehicles use different bolt patterns and center bores the same 17x8.5 +00 mold can be used for F150/Raptor. They just drill the pattern and change the center bore.

That aside, some people just prefer a wider stance :shrug:

Thank you. That all makes sense. I think zero offset is borderline too much. So I dont think I will be doing that or a -12. Im thinking I will do 17x8.5 ET +6 or ET +12.

GDITheMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know zero seems pretty popular. And I know about willitfit. It just doesnt show you if you will hit or not. It just shows how far out its going to be.

Based on what I have seen in this thread. I think I will be using 17x8.5 +6 to +12 with 37 KM3's. That or I am just going to buy some R take offs and not worry about wheel and offset choice.

I got frustrated with trying to figure out what offset wheels would work with 37s and then find a pattern I liked. So, I figured I'd buy a set of OEM 37 takeoffs.

It wasn't an easy thing to find. Sellers were local pick up only, or shipping was way too high or the price of the set was way too high.

Once I saw the FP Forged 17x9 with 12 offset work on a 35 truck with stock suspension and 37 KO2s., I was hooked.

It's not easy to find what you want, but when you do, it worth it

Last edited:

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are the RTR EVO wheels cast? I assume at that price they are.
Flow Formed

Flow-Forming is a unique casting and forming process that results in a wheel that is similar in strength to that of a forged wheel. The wheel is first low pressure cast in aluminum and is rapidly cooled to enhance its elastic strength and durability. The casting is then placed in a special flow forming tool that heats the wheel while rollers press against the barrel to pull the rim into its final width and shape. This “stretching” process improves the grain structure of the aluminum making the wheel much stronger and lighter than a standard cast aluminum wheel.