Gen 2 vs 1 Fuel Economy & Crash Testing Comparison

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Carsten89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If crash ratings are less than the Gen1's then I bet insurance premiums will be higher for Gen2 owners. When I went to Ford from Dodge, I was surprised how the insurance dropped, ask why at the time, because of crash ratings I was told, safer vehicle.

Looks like gen2 ratings are better than gen1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's fairly mountainous here, but I never remember getting 16 MPG with my 2012 Raptor. Maybe a couple times under perfect conditions. Over the 25k miles I owned it, I averaged 13.4 MPG.

I am happy about the 2017's improved mileage, but it was not a a huge factor in my decision to order one.

My 14 gets 13 and I'm in Oklahoma where its flat as can be. 16 mpg...never once!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I hit the reset button on the MPG meter doing about 72 MPH, my truck is dead nuts on 16 MPG on basically flat stretches of road. Upping the speed will drop you to 15, then 14 real quick. Wind resistance goes with as a squared function of velocity.