Gen 2 pulling 10,000# boat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SRQ_Driver

Reaction score
Just wanted to post this so others can see a gen 2 pulling a boat on a trailer. The boat is 9,800 pounds dry weight. At the time I pulled it yesterday, it also had about 180-200 gallons of rec 90, plus all the usual stuff in a boat - couple of anchors, etc.

The truck pulled it up the ramp and down the road just fine. You can see, no real squat but I did add the Tibren bump stops. I was just pulling this to get it out of the water and on some high ground before Hurricane Milton comes to town. Short haul of maybe 5-6 miles down the road is all I needed.

1000002363.jpg

Sharpie69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to post this so others can see a gen 2 pulling a boat on a trailer. The boat is 9,800 pounds dry weight. At the time I pulled it yesterday, it also had about 180-200 gallons of rec 90, plus all the usual stuff in a boat - couple of anchors, etc.

The truck pulled it up the ramp and down the road just fine. You can see, no real squat but I did add the Tibren bump stops. I was just pulling this to get it out of the water and on some high ground before Hurricane Milton comes to town. Short haul of maybe 5-6 miles down the road is all I needed.

View attachment 469565
As long as the boat/load is "balanced " on the trailer, most of the weight on the axles, not super tongue loaded, there won't be a problem.
Good job brother
Best of luck to you for the upcoming weather event
P.S. nice boat :cool:

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An extended travel distance version of your scenario is exactly why I made the pilgrimage to Montclair, CA last month to have Izzy Fabrication make some modifications to my rear suspension. Well done on setting up your load correctly!

Not sure I’d want to haul that too far without something like the suspension mods I went with, but great work proving it can be done if you pay attention to the setup, and are careful when balancing and pulling the load.

OP
OP
S

SRQ_Driver

Reaction score
An extended travel distance version of your scenario is exactly why I made the pilgrimage to Montclair, CA last month to have Izzy Fabrication make some modifications to my rear suspension. Well done on setting up your load correctly!

Not sure I’d want to haul that too far without something like the suspension mods I went with, but great work proving it can be done if you pay attention to the setup, and are careful when balancing and pulling the load.
That is a sweet mod. Definitely if I was pulling it any distance but normally we dont trailer the boat anywhere - just haul out for emergencies like this one coming at us. Heading to high ground in the morning to hunker down and see what's left when we get back.

Peace - Out !

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
…copy all, and good luck!

I was born in Bradenton, and raised in Palmetto; lived there until I joined the AF many, many years ago. Visited my brother who lived just east of there before he moved to SC a few years back, and literally couldn’t recognize the area. A lot more folks living there than when I left!

My aunt still lives out on Anna Maria Island… Good reminder to check in on her!

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully nobody sees this and decides it is OK to tow their boat of that size a long distance/cross country.
No doubt it can be done.
But I wouldn't be comfortable and wouldn't want to see highway speeds.
Good brakes on the trailer would be REAL important to me too.
As mentioned, best of luck with the next storm.
I sure hope not as bad as predictions are showing.
Take good care of the boat and Raptor.
Stay safe !!