Gen 1 front camera operation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slideways247

Reaction score
When I bought my truck last month, I figured out the front camera did not work. I installed the Sync3 upgrade and today I installed a new OEM front camera. Now when I put the truck in reverse, the front camera shows up on the sync screen instead of the rear camera. I tried to turn on the front camera by putting it in off road mode and locking the rear diff, but that doesn't work either. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

neovenator

Reaction score
Hmm.. I haven't read about this issue with the Sync 3 upgrade, but here's some things I would try:

Possible fix 1:
Check Fuse 34 in your passenger compartment. For your 2013, this is responsible for both the front and rear cameras. Its a 10 amps. Check the fuse diagram here. Maybe it's not giving enough power and might need something stronger?

Screenshot 2024-09-10 at 11.18.05 PM.png

Possible fix 2:
Disconnect both cameras. Plug in the front camera first, then the rear. It sounds silly, but maybe it uses some logic that it will use whichever camera was plugged in last as the rear camera.

Possible fix 3: check the connections for your rear camera, see if there's anything that looks off. Maybe it's got some moisture, use some electrical cleaner to clean the connectors.

Hope this fixes it.