Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thatJeepguy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i was under the impression they changed the diff housing for 21+ but i could be wrong..

most anything that fits mustang 8.8 will fit 2009-2020..

still seeing breakage in the 21+

I do know someone personally that broke the mounting points off.. Midtravel, big jumps, coyote TT swap.. not sure the circumstances, but do know the housing failed at mounting in stock location with no braces installed, other than maybe some frame plating or like Krazy house added frame supports
Thats why i said lack of experience AND IFS. Solid axles can be set up to where the diff housing supports near zero of the structural load. Ifs has to be mounted static and any feedback from Shafts beyond normal travel are transmitted into the house causing cracks and eventual breakage. IMG_4261.jpeg

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thats why i said lack of experience AND IFS. Solid axles can be set up to where the diff housing supports near zero of the structural load. Ifs has to be mounted static and any feedback from Shafts beyond normal travel are transmitted into the house causing cracks and eventual breakage. View attachment 469040

i dont think it has anything to do with the axles.. as you can see the drive and coast ramps in the pic..

ring gear deflection inside the housing..