Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

letsgetthisdone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would personally delete the IWE's, too much hassles. Mine have the RCV delete collars and I noticed almost no mpg change. But now they don't slip in high torque/high load "crawling" scenarios in 4Lo.

OP
OP
F

full-race geoff

Reaction score
IMG_9287.jpeg
The biggest strength improvement in the gen3 strut tower is this small seemingly innocuous piece of metal at the bottom of the frame rail. This ties the entire structure together and would have saved my gen2 from cracking/breaking.

if you have a gen2 this is cheap and easy for any half decent mig welder to add to your truck. We Probably should have an entire thread dedicated to just this piece

IMG_9289.jpeg
I finish welded the strut tower at the areas that ford did not (and more to go). This is something I’ve always done this to every chassis I’ve prepped for myself and the entire structure will be stiffer as a result. The process sucks tho, brutal labor.. you have to give a damn to even consider spending this much time with the wire wheel and the MIG

IMG_9277.jpeg

OP
OP
F

full-race geoff

Reaction score
the rear axle and links went together like butter.
IMG_9258.jpeg

I used 5/8” grade 8 hardware to allow the hardware to install/remove without worrying about fuel tank. (Future self :banana-mario:) I saw this idea from RPG and it worked well

IMG_9291.jpeg

(Anyone that’s installed leaf springs on an f150 knows what I’m talking about - why does ford block the driver side rear hardware this way ?!?)

IMG_9306.jpeg

Its a pleasure not having to deal with leaf springs, u bolts, and shackles/bushings

IMG_9301.jpeg

I did not install the pan hard bar yet. It bothers me how far over the axle swings at full droop with it in place. This shouldn’t bother me, but it does. Goosetuned’s truck is in front of me and looks like it’s 2”+ to the rhs

IMG_9223.jpeg
Maybe we will address that in 2025

OP
OP
F

full-race geoff

Reaction score
I would personally delete the IWE's, too much hassles. Mine have the RCV delete collars and I noticed almost no mpg change. But now they don't slip in high torque/high load "crawling" scenarios in 4Lo.
Does RCV make them for the 2021 3rd gen knuckle? And pardon my ignorance here can you explain how is the delete better than removing the vacuum line altogether?

I am nervous about the overall strength of the aluminum front diff Housing..

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does RCV make them for the 2021 3rd gen knuckle? And pardon my ignorance here can you explain how is the delete better than removing the vacuum line altogether?

I am nervous about the overall strength of the aluminum front diff Housing..

i think the housings are ok going forward, but reversing under a load in 4wd is the issue..

the ramp on the pinion/ring coast side causes deflection in reverse and over stresses the housing..

i dont think theres been many failures in drive/forward, but plenty with backing up trailers up hills and things in 4wd.. quick internet search will prove this.

my 19 gen2 had a bunch of stress cracks inside around the ring side carrier bearing and started leaking fluid thru the outside.. i replaced it with a junkyard housing last year..