Front Bumper from Tough Country

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
I'm from Texas.
1. Tough country bumpers are super heavy. Well built but heavy
2. The reason everyone runs light bumpers with big skid plates is to keep the front end as light as possible. It's the same reason the raptor has a fiberglass hood and fenders. If you don't plan on offloading your truck then more power to ya. But your shocks are valved specifically for the weight of the truck. It's not like stock shocks that ride like shit heavy bumper or not. You will notice a big difference in handling and ride quality with a big heavy bumper. And not for the better.

Ps my last truck was a 1 ton cummins with a big bumper. I know how handy they can be. But they are not meant for the raptor. Maybe tough country can make an aluminum one.

SoSmoked

changes his exhaust setup more than his underwear
Reaction score
Im buying it....

Next time I want to enter the script for the next Death Race movie and cover my entire truck in cast iron

OP
OP
verytalonted

verytalonted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm from Texas.
1. Tough country bumpers are super heavy. Well built but heavy
2. The reason everyone runs light bumpers with big skid plates is to keep the front end as light as possible. It's the same reason the raptor has a fiberglass hood and fenders. If you don't plan on offloading your truck then more power to ya. But your shocks are valved specifically for the weight of the truck. It's not like stock shocks that ride like shit heavy bumper or not. You will notice a big difference in handling and ride quality with a big heavy bumper. And not for the better.

Ps my last truck was a 1 ton cummins with a big bumper. I know how handy they can be. But they are not meant for the raptor. Maybe tough country can make an aluminum one.

Yeah Corpus, you should be real familiar with "El Campo" I had to google it, LOL

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score

Well???? The ends look o.k. kinda like a road aurmor bumper which are very PRICEY. I am not a fan of the vertical flat hoops. Ranch hand looking. The center for me would not need the winch hole or the slots for whatever. The center added support bars tieing the hooop to the center are akward looking to me as well. Now IT LOOKS STOUT don't get me wrong but its not my cup of tea. It will damn sure kill some wild life! HAhaha.

BDRAG

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Yeah Corpus, you should be real familiar with "El Campo" I had to google it, LOL

It's about 3 hours away. I have alot of good buds there. I've met the tough country guys and ive been to their big 4x4 mud fest a few times.

What's wrong with corpus?

OP
OP
verytalonted

verytalonted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's about 3 hours away. I have alot of good buds there. I've met the tough country guys and ive been to their big 4x4 mud fest a few times.

What's wrong with corpus?

Nothing is wrong with it, Hell I had my honeymoon down there!

If you heard sarcasm, I didn't mean it to be like that.

Banned
Reaction score
Whenever I ear double tap I think of zombies. Hit em twice to make
Sure they're down haha

-Posted with my iPhone.

mblgjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meh. Not feeling it.

Probably the best bumper for hiding a winch behind though.