Front Axle passenger side seal leak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SK19

Reaction score
I don't know what I am looking at apparently , I would think that seal leaks differential fluid from front differential, but it has NO smell, so what fluid is that?

IMG_7357.JPGIMG_7358.JPGIMG_7357.JPGIMG_7358.JPGIMG_4372.jpg

raptorsub

Reaction score
My passenger side seal is leaking on my 18. I need to get it changed. Mine will develop a drip. Doesn't look like yours.

V6Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine looks like yours too. No dripping but going to have the dealership take a look next week along with some other concerns before my warranty expires.

kevo_lo

Reaction score
I found some seepage past the same seal a week ago and some evidence of drips on the skid plate below it. Dropped it off a couple of days ago at the dealer for them to look at it. Will hopefully be covered under warranty and not something I will need to take care of myself.

Seems like this is a common issue?

Attachments

• IMG_3314.jpeg
    IMG_3314.jpeg
    163.8 KB · Views: 6

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah but I don’t know how “serious” it really is, had some fluid around that axle seal area myself but have had the front diff/tcase fluid change 3x since I bought it & either it’s stopped leaking or it’s such a minimal amount it doesn’t effect fluid levels in between changes