Fox Bump Stop Pads

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I spoke to soon. I didn't.realize that they offered different lengths/heights. Now that it has been explained, I can see the benefits.

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

Pat, are these easily changeable. If say someone wanted to go offroading one day, and tow a trailer the next day?
Yes. Please see my write up.

Donate to Avery and be entered into a raffle for an awesome prize for your Raptor

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=791793

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

There must be three sizes of the pad because I know for a fact after looking at Joe's write-up that there is no way mine are 4".

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
so in reality these pads do what the svc adjustable setup does, but easier.

I would beg to differ, to move our bump system you do not need to jack the truck up or in some cases remove the bump from the kit. Simply loosen and remove the bolts adjust to proper position and then tighten back down. Less then 5 minutes with the right tools.

Fox Only supplies one pad for their bumps and thats the one it comes with, the other ones as shown in the pics and write up were made by RPG specifically for fox bumps to compensate for stock leafs or towing. The bump extension Rick has on as of now work but are limiting his bump travel by about an inch.

The SVC bump kit can be moved in multiple positions. Offroad W/ leafs, Offroad W/stock leafs, Tow mode, and Street mode.

-Jeff

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know it's semantics, but 6 fine thread bolts with nylon lock nuts will take longer than 5 minutes to remove and replace when changing from street to off-road mode at a track.

Good to know that the hard plastic pads where made specifically for RPG. Did Fox make them? Sounds like replacements will have to be ordered through RPG

Donate to Avery and be entered into a raffle for an awesome prize for your Raptor

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I know it's semantics, but 6 fine thread bolts with nylon lock nuts will take longer than 5 minutes to remove and replace when changing from street to off-road mode at a track.

Good to know that the hard plastic pads where made specifically for RPG. Did Fox make them? Sounds like replacements will have to be ordered through RPG

Depending on the avaibility of jacks and jack stands or if someone runs into the issue you had with the pad seizing to the bump. Impact gun and wrench and ours can be adjusted in 5 minutes or less. But that's a whole different conversation and topic. The Pads are not Made or sold by Fox.

-Jeff

Gilligan

Reaction score
I've seen both in person, never had hands on the SVC but I can't see how RPG would be easier. To me extra parts=problems so if I needed that option there wouldn't be a question on going SVC.

That's not meant to bash RPG by any means, and they both get the job done at the end of the day. Plus I've got an RPG on my rig and am happy with it

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Okay just changed out the pads, super-super easy and with just a few tools, nothing fancy. And no, I didn't even jack my truck up or took off the wheels, just reached over the top of the tire and had plenty of room even with my fat belly. The first side practically fell out and the other side required to push the screw out. Took a whole 15 minutes including putting tools back and I wasn't trying to go fast. I can definitely tell that my stops have been hitting, pads are worn.

358e242cd7c2a969f3309001289a700f.jpg

e687efea6111b6d7b16a11b3ec20e6bd.jpg

And thanks @Jordan@Apollo-Optics for noticing and saying something, I appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator: