Fox Bump Stop Pads

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Can someone provide the part numbers of the different size pads?
(I have the RPG bump stop and wanted to try different sizes as it seems that I did not get the standard size one in my kit)

On Fox's website:
2.5 Factory Series Bump Stop Bump Stop Shock | FOX Offroad

They mention replaceable Delrin pads but I've done some searching and can't seem to find anything on it or where to purchase.

TIA!

@pat'sRAPTOR
@RPG

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The pads are replaceable, but I'm not sure that there are different sizes of pads for the 2.5. Even if they did have different sizes, I don't see how different sizes would offer different results. Contact Fox. @FOX

---------- Post added at 07:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 AM ----------

POLY PERFORMANCE OFF-ROAD PARTS*::*Shocks & Accessories*::*Shock Parts*::*Fox Shock Parts*::*2.0" Air Bump Stop*::*Fox 2.0 Air Bump Bump Stop Pad

---------- Post added at 07:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 AM ----------

FOX SHOCK BUMPER: BUMP STOP PAD, 2.5 SERIES,BLACK DELRIN

Last edited:

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The pads are replaceable, but I'm not sure that there are different sizes of pads for the 2.5. Even if they did have different sizes, I don't see how different sizes would offer different results. Contact Fox. @FOX

---------- Post added at 07:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 AM ----------

POLY PERFORMANCE OFF-ROAD PARTS*::*Shocks & Accessories*::*Shock Parts*::*Fox Shock Parts*::*2.0" Air Bump Stop*::*Fox 2.0 Air Bump Bump Stop Pad

---------- Post added at 07:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 AM ----------

FOX SHOCK BUMPER: BUMP STOP PAD, 2.5 SERIES,BLACK DELRIN

There are longer pads and shorter pads. From what the guys at TMX have told me, guys use the longer pads when they are towing and the smaller pad when they are offroading. The longer pad just engages the bump stops sooner than the thinner pad. Not necessarily a bad thing, but you can feel them engaging and, to me, it effects ride quality if you're constantly engaging the bumps.

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 AM ----------

Longer Pad (generally used with stock springs and what RDTFS has on his truck currently):
89f30ec5fcbc24175db75d48bee2211d.jpg

"Normal" Pad (generally used with aftermarket springs and what I have on my truck currently):
IMG_4203.jpg

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That first pic shows a pad that is about 2" long. Check my link and you will see the one that is 4" long. So apparently there are many different sizes.

Donate to Avery and be entered into a raffle for an awesome prize for your Raptor

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=791793

Edit: to comment on that first pic. I see there are icon shocks. Interesting that the bumps are longer, which like you said, will engage the bumps sooner. The rear icon shocks have an internal bump stop, so not sure why this set up would want to have the longer bump pads?

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

I did find the ones at Poly but those show for only 2.0's. Will they work on 2.5's?

And I have no idea why my pads are longer, it is how it was installed from the beginning by TMX and Cory (RPG).

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yea there are different sizes and we tend to only use two the 2" pad and a 4" pad they usually come in the box with the bumps from fox or so the few that i've opened had both pads in there. the shorter one we use for the stage 3 kits and the longer ones we use on the stage 2 kits. i would get a hold of jason or brandon at TMX and see what they did with the other pads and im sure they have to have some laying around the shop!

Gilligan

Reaction score
I need a longer delrin for my kings to make up for using my factory leafs.

Could RDFTS need the longer pad because he is running HD springs?

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
no he should have the shorter pads no matter what leaf springs hes running as long as they're aftermarket pregressive springs because they're obviously softer than stock so it takes less to make them bend now if you like having the larger pad on it so it contacts the plate sooner and are ok with that then there is nothing wrong with that at all some guys like to have a little extra lol but its really not gonna hurt anything. but like jordan said if you're hitting the bump stops contstantly it can get annoying