forscan \ Glarefree headlight question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brysgarage

Reaction score
Sounds like you answered your own question…3 gives you the “blue high beam” symbol (regular auto high beams) whereas 4 give you the “green high beam” symbol (glare free).

Just ensure you have a 4 in the correct spot as outlined in post #1 and you’ll be fine. Erase the DTCs & cycle the engine. Did you remember to reset the APIM?
That’s what I’m saying. That 4 becomes a 3. And I have the green highbeam symbol with the A in either case. I’m not asking what the superficial difference is as you said I just explained that. I’m asking under the covers what’s the difference. They both seem to work just wondering the actual technical difference.IMG_0374.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0380.jpeg
    IMG_0380.jpeg
    188.1 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0378.jpeg
    IMG_0378.jpeg
    89.3 KB · Views: 57

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s what I’m saying. That 4 becomes a 3. And I have the green highbeam symbol with the A in either case. I’m not asking what the superficial difference is as you said I just explained that. I’m asking under the covers what’s the difference. They both seem to work just wondering the actual technical difference.View attachment 416688
What year is your truck?

brysgarage

Reaction score
Ah, I figured you had a 23 but wanted to confirm. I think the programming was slightly different with the 23s. I would confirm my value for ya, but my Forscan license expired a couple weeks ago.
Yea that’s what concerns me haha. I’m surprised more people haven’t run into these little nuances. Do you get the blue highbeam symbol with the glare free enabled?

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In Forscan when you use the SCCM configurator to enable glare free (instead of AS BUILT, all other modules programmed using AS BUILT), it places a “3” instead of a “4” in the 724-04-01 line. When using a “3” I noticed I now get the blue highbeam symbol when the high beams are active which was not present when using the “4”. Additionally when using the “4” I would get DTC’s in the IPM modules. Those are gone now with the “3”. Does anybody have any idea what the difference between the 3 and 4 is?

Thanks!
It's pretty clear through over 69 pages in the other FORScan thread that enabling everything related to Glare-Free should be done in the AS BUILT hex editor so these types of issues are avoided. That said, you need a 4 in there if you want it to function as designed. If it works for you with a 3, that could be a change for 2023, even though you get the blue high-beam indicator... That said, I would like you to be way more clear in explaining exactly when and how you're getting the blue high beam indicator.

On my 2022 truck, my ABD value is 2, and my modded good value is 4. I never went through the guided editor and changed it from what's known to work. If you're getting DTCs with 4, did you do what @Littlefx4 said below and erase the DTCs, reset the module as the instructions state, and then check it all again?
Just ensure you have a 4 in the correct spot as outlined in post #1 and you’ll be fine.
The easiest thing to do. Just make it a 4 and it works.
I’m surprised more people haven’t run into these little nuances. Do you get the blue highbeam symbol with the glare free enabled?
I can force it to give me the blue high beam indicator on two occasions, 1.) I flick the stalk forward to run high beams only, thus disabling the Glare-Free functionality until I flick it forward two more times to get back to Glare-Free and, 2.) I pull the stalk backward and hold it to "flash-to-pass", commonly known as just flashing your high beams.

Example 1:
PXL_20230718_121113313.jpg
Example 2:
PXL_20230718_121110170.jpg
No...mine is green.
Whoa whoa, your high-beam indicator is green and not blue? lol just razzing you, I know you mean that your Glare-Free indicator is green with the A.
Mine is too. But when the highbeams are actually on the normal blue indicator illuminates. Looks like that’s how it’s supposed to behave. ‍♀️
So one of us is confused. When the high beams are actually on... well, do you mean you turned them on as I stated in my example 1 above, or when they're on because you're using Glare-Free? This is what I mean, you either need to be clearer in how you're wording things so we can help you, or you can just change it to a 4 and be done with it.

This is what it looks like when your headlight selection switch is in AUTO mode, and you are utilizing Glare-Free according to stalk position. Not on high beams, not on low beams, but on Glare-Free.
PXL_20230718_121108557.MP.jpg

brysgarage

Reaction score
It's pretty clear through over 69 pages in the other FORScan thread that enabling everything related to Glare-Free should be done in the AS BUILT hex editor so these types of issues are avoided. That said, you need a 4 in there if you want it to function as designed. If it works for you with a 3, that could be a change for 2023, even though you get the blue high-beam indicator... That said, I would like you to be way more clear in explaining exactly when and how you're getting the blue high beam indicator.
For context, I did it all with AS BUILT initially and all seemingly worked fine. I then was installing the heated steering wheel when I went back in and saw in SCCM configurator it said I didn't;t have glare free enabled with the 4 in place, and I was getting IPMA DTC's related to the camera and high beams.

When headlights are in auto mode with glare free enabled, I have 3 green indicators: Headlights, Glare Free Ready, Fog lamps. This is the case with a 3 or 4 in place.

With a 4 in place, when the high beams were active, the fog lamp indicator would shut off but there would be no blue high beam indicator which is what others have reported.
With a 3 in place, when the high beams are active the fog lamp indicator shuts off and the blue high beam indicator appears above the green glare free ready indicator such as in my photo.
On my 2022 truck, my ABD value is 2, and my modded good value is 4. I never went through the guided editor and changed it from what's known to work. If you're getting DTCs with 4, did you do what @Littlefx4 said below and erase the DTCs, reset the module as the instructions state, and then check it all again?

Yes I cleared the DTC's and reran a system check and they came back.
The easiest thing to do. Just make it a 4 and it works.

I can force it to give me the blue high beam indicator on two occasions, 1.) I flick the stalk forward to run high beams only, thus disabling the Glare-Free functionality until I flick it forward two more times to get back to Glare-Free and, 2.) I pull the stalk backward and hold it to "flash-to-pass", commonly known as just flashing your high beams.

Example 1:
View attachment 416713
Example 2:
View attachment 416712

Whoa whoa, your high-beam indicator is green and not blue? lol just razzing you, I know you mean that your Glare-Free indicator is green with the A.

So one of us is confused. When the high beams are actually on... well, do you mean you turned them on as I stated in my example 1 above, or when they're on because you're using Glare-Free? This is what I mean, you either need to be clearer in how you're wording things so we can help you, or you can just change it to a 4 and be done with it.
The blue indicator comes on when the glare free high beams are physically on, as in it's dark and the vehicle turns the high beams on automatically. It stays on so long as the high beams are on and shuts off when the vehicle shuts the high beams off (too much light, going too slow, etc)
This is what it looks like when your headlight selection switch is in AUTO mode, and you are utilizing Glare-Free according to stalk position. Not on high beams, not on low beams, but on Glare-Free.
View attachment 416714
Right, this is what mine looks like with the 3 or the 4.

brysgarage

Reaction score
For what it's worth I just went and reloaded my factory AS BUILT and changed it back to a 4. No DTC's yet but its also day time so the lights aren't on.

I do notice in the configurator that now it says ADAPTIVE DRIVING BEAM instead of GLARE FREE HIGHBEAM. Also it shows the rain sensor as disabled. I turned my wipers on and they wipe like every 30 seconds. But rain sensing wipers is on in the infotainment settings.