Ford Performance Tune for Gen 3s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorta except it'll likely be 1000 bucks installed by a dealer, and I wouldn't call it a minimal impact on your warranty. You do lose that extra 2 years and 24K miles of powertrain warranty. You'll also have to have it installed by a dealer or certified mechanic to even maintain the 3year 36K mile powertrain. There hasn't been much info yet on if your ESP warranty is in jeopardy, but I would assume the powertrain portion definitely is. Dyno charts don't tell everything, and Im curious how comprehensive they are planning on tuning the transmission. Better shift schedules could mean anything.
Oh yeah, you'll have to pay ~1 hr of tech time for that. And lets be honest, we've all spent $1k for something much dumber than this lol

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called Ford ESP and asked about this yesterday. The lady stated that if you modify "parts" or "drivetrain parts" it can void warranty. I told her about this and she said in no way does a official ford item void this. In addition, the screen provided can remove the tune if needed after they do this.
This is sorta where I thought this was going. Plus, 26hp + 44ft-lbs of torque isn't breaking anything that wasn't already going to break. And in that case, they can't prove the tune did anything, and won't be able to default to blaming it. Warranty will replace whatever broke.

shigman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh yeah, you'll have to pay ~1 hr of tech time for that. And lets be honest, we've all spent $1k for something much dumber than this lol
Well that is certainly true. Every single person on here with a fancy intake or exhaust that adds 3-4 HP can't do much judging lol

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it was mentioned previously in this thread, but FO’s social media account took down their post about the tune for this raptor. Could they possibly be re-writing this tune based on all the initial reactions?

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since we're all speculating here, my suspicion is they didn't make it available for 2024s because the 24s already have it as a stock tune. They just didn't want to reveal it yet because there are still too many 2023s sitting around on dealer lots!

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know it just occurred to me that they can’t legally obligate you to have a dealer install the tune for the warranty unless they don’t charge for install. That requirement plus having to pay for the install would violate the tie-in sales portion of Magnuson-Moss. They can certainly require an install to be done correctly obviously, but can’t matter who does it unless it’s free.

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is sorta where I thought this was going. Plus, 26hp + 44ft-lbs of torque isn't breaking anything that wasn't already going to break. And in that case, they can't prove the tune did anything, and won't be able to default to blaming it. Warranty will replace whatever broke.
I think your comment about not taking any risk breaking things is the key to why the gains are so low.

Just looking at the curve you can tell the engineers backed off the gains as the rpm rises, just looking at the ranger/ bronco curve as a comparison

Other news looks like they pulled down the post on social media announcing it due to the negative reaction!

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure if it was mentioned previously in this thread, but FO’s social media account took down their post about the tune for this raptor. Could they possibly be re-writing this tune based on all the initial reactions?
Good, keep pounding them with feedback. Either increase the power or drastically lower the price.

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on the engineers and product managers attitude… i would guess probably not
-product managers…. How could they not look at the other tunes launched at ~50hp/100lbft gains for $850 and not think they needed to maintain something near that ratio. They deliberately decided they were ok with the very low numbers and drank some hope filled koolaid that folks would be excited.
-engineers, gain 54ftlbs at low rpm but gains drop off, they know what they left on the table and probably have a bunch of models charting the risk to the motor.. I’m sure they have another version in their back pocket just with more “risk” to the drivetrain

Dunno what they will do, Farley is a car guy, this is pretty obvious miss, admittedly for a small population

Side note: Tells me that the nano 3.0 is a much better engineered motor,