Ford Performance Tune for Gen 3s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

devans101

Reaction score
I still don't understand why they left out the '24s. Same hardware since '21 and the ECU is the same as '23. Would love to know who is making these decisions at Ford.
I feel the same way. Makes no sense. Just passed on a Ranger Raptor and brought home a new ‘24 801a instead because I assumed Ford would release even more power on the OG. Shame on me. You know what they say about assumptions…

devans101

Reaction score
Another thing I just noticed when looking at the Cobb chart is the curve on the Ford chart looks pretty optimistic—even when factoring in drivetrain losses. The Cobb chart shows it pulling in the neighborhood of 350 ft lbs at 2750 rpm while the Ford chart is closer to 500 ft lbs at 2750. I’m a newbie so maybe I’m missing something…

Attachments

• IMG_3443.png
    IMG_3443.png
    265 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3442.jpeg
    IMG_3442.jpeg
    188.9 KB · Views: 16

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still don't understand why they left out the '24s. Same hardware since '21 and the ECU is the same as '23. Would love to know who is making these decisions at Ford.
Honestly, I wouldn’t even bother. Yeah it’s great to have the option but I believe Hennessy has a tune that blows away this one and that one’s not even that good I believe it’s like 520 horse or 510 and like 580 foot pounds of torque

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another thing I just noticed when looking at the Cobb chart is the curve on the Ford chart looks pretty optimistic—even when factoring in drivetrain losses. The Cobb chart shows it pulling in the neighborhood of 350 ft lbs at 2750 rpm while the Ford chart is closer to 500 ft lbs at 2750. I’m a newbie so maybe I’m missing something…
Yeah, you could be onto something there. Looks like the Ford tunes stays in the sweet spot far longer.

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So
I feel the same way. Makes no sense. Just passed on a Ranger Raptor and brought home a new ‘24 801a instead because I assumed Ford would release even more power on the OG. Shame on me. You know what they say about assumptions…
The only reason you chose an F150 Raptor over a Ranger Raptor was the anticipated release of a Ford Performance tune? C'mon man, I'm not buyin' it...lol.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you could be onto something there. Looks like the Ford tunes stays in the sweet spot far longer.
The one item of interest is the hp bump down low at 26hp for much of the curve. So the 26hp and 44ft-lbs are for much of the "typical" used range between 2500-4000.

I agree that its a downgrade from the other offerings on peak numbers, but this is the most optimistic view I can take from it. $800 for 26hp/44ft# is a bit on the aggressive end. However, that said, to have minimal impact on your warranty and ESP is a bigger win there.

shigman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The one item of interest is the hp bump down low at 26hp for much of the curve. So the 26hp and 44ft-lbs are for much of the "typical" used range between 2500-4000.

I agree that its a downgrade from the other offerings on peak numbers, but this is the most optimistic view I can take from it. $800 for 26hp/44ft# is a bit on the aggressive end. However, that said, to have minimal impact on your warranty and ESP is a bigger win there.
Sorta except it'll likely be 1000 bucks installed by a dealer, and I wouldn't call it a minimal impact on your warranty. You do lose that extra 2 years and 24K miles of powertrain warranty. You'll also have to have it installed by a dealer or certified mechanic to even maintain the 3year 36K mile powertrain. There hasn't been much info yet on if your ESP warranty is in jeopardy, but I would assume the powertrain portion definitely is. Dyno charts don't tell everything, and Im curious how comprehensive they are planning on tuning the transmission. Better shift schedules could mean anything.