First Raptor, love it but it has issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Congrats on the Raptor
Good luck with the repairs
Sounds like you are getting some of the stuff figured out.
Probably going to want to stick with factory LCAs unless looking at aftermarket long travel set ups.
Saying not much off-roading, guessing not the way that you want to be heading.
Good luck

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Update…..front diff is out and disassembled, the bearing on the drivers side where the cv axel goes in had worked its way almost out of the case, I will post some pics but I didn’t take too many as I was crawling around underneath the truck for hours, the IWE’s were toast both made a crispy sound when depressed and didn’t move when I put vacuum on them. The phantom rattle turned out to be an old A/C compressor clutch stuck in between the steering rack and the frame so 1 issue solved. Also someone broke the cage nuts on the rear skid plate so that was a real pleasure to get off. I got new OEM ford side bearings, the axel bearing that caused this issue, new seals, all this from ford was around $55. I’m also replacing the hubs while I have this thing as apart as I do. I also have 2 broken diff cover bolts to drill out yay. The cross member bolts were in sad shape so I’ll replace those. Are there manual locking hubs I can get and just get rid of this vacuum system?

Attachments

• IMG_0833.jpeg
    IMG_0833.jpeg
    255.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0834.jpeg
    IMG_0834.jpeg
    291.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0835.jpeg
    IMG_0835.jpeg
    250.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0836.jpeg
    IMG_0836.jpeg
    337.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0837.jpeg
    IMG_0837.jpeg
    232.9 KB · Views: 6
OP
OP
B
Reaction score
I was only able to attach 5 pics here’s a couple more of the lovely silver slurpy and the bearing that caused this mess.

Attachments

• IMG_0838.jpeg
    IMG_0838.jpeg
    190 KB · Views: 6
  • image000001.jpeg
    image000001.jpeg
    156.6 KB · Views: 6

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good to see someone with some wrenching skill, motorcraft parts will serve you well on the RaptoR. I think you will like the IWE system when it works correctly, it allows shift on the fly in incliment weather.