Firestone jacked my Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I've been buying the Firestone lifetime alignment program for pretty much all of my cars for several years, and took my 2018 Raptor in today for tire rotate/balance alignment tweak and state inspection.

first thing odd was that it took all day - ominous music plays

get it back and they could not get it aligned, and told me I need camber and caster kits. Problem is the steering wheel is pointed two lanes left now just to go straight. They tried to tell me it's because my lift kit exceeds factory recommendations.

can someone guide me on the proper caster/camber kits to get so that I can take it to anywhere but firestone

mine is a 2018 super crew no modifications.

Thanks in advance for the guidance

Phil

I have used these on my last three Raptors. You need 2 kits. 1 for the front of the LCA mount and the 2nd for the backside of the LCAs.

IMG_1791.jpg

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I use them for alignments only, never had a problem. They are the only ones that are close that have the equipment so I can drop the truck off Saturday AM and pick it up a few hours later. Just had the '22 aligned a few weeks ago. The weird pulling left or right when braking is gone.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I've been buying the Firestone lifetime alignment program for pretty much all of my cars for several years, and took my 2018 Raptor in today for tire rotate/balance alignment tweak and state inspection.

first thing odd was that it took all day - ominous music plays

get it back and they could not get it aligned, and told me I need camber and caster kits. Problem is the steering wheel is pointed two lanes left now just to go straight. They tried to tell me it's because my lift kit exceeds factory recommendations.

can someone guide me on the proper caster/camber kits to get so that I can take it to anywhere but firestone

mine is a 2018 super crew no modifications.

Thanks in advance for the guidance

Phil
Any Ford dealership should be able to straighten out this mess and get the alignment back in factory spec.

IceStationZ

Reaction score
Firestone put the wrong oil filter on my first Tacoma back in 2003.... I discovered this a couple days later. The truck was idling in my driveway when, by blind luck, I happened to witness it hemorrhage all 5qts of oil as the filter gasket finally separated.