Finally pulled the trigger 2023 code orange 37 package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
supercanadian

supercanadian

Reaction score
I was able to pick it up today…. Wow so much fun but terrifying driving it on the highway 2 hours home not being familiar with it. My son loved it when I got it home. Finally!

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back in 2020 I almost bought a raptor but ended up with a 2020 ram limited black appearance package…. My third black truck…..I didn’t buy the raptor in 2020 as it too wide for my garage. I vowed never black again….

Since then my garage now has synthetic ice and neither my wife and I park in the garage.

Been shopping for awhile and finally got one I like. In Canada everything is expensive so had to shop around. I pick it up tomorrow and we leave Sunday on a 12 hour road trip for a hockey tournament for a week in St. Louis…..good time to get use to the truck!

Bought a bakflip mx4 tonneau today and excited to learn more mods….been a long time lurker now finally part of the group.View attachment 460671
Congrats on the truck and the fake ice.
How do your blades hold up to the synthetic ice? It's got to be somewhat tough on the edges.

OP
OP
supercanadian

supercanadian

Reaction score
Congrats on the truck and the fake ice.
How do your blades hold up to the synthetic ice? It's got to be somewhat tough on the edges.

It’s rough on them. I have a sparx sharpener at home as one session on the synthetic and you need them sharpened again. The sparx might be my fav purchase ever, so convenient and consistent edges. My son is on the ice a lot and the synthetic so it’s paid for itself in spades. The replacement grind disks are way over priced though

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s rough on them. I have a sparx sharpener at home as one session on the synthetic and you need them sharpened again. The sparx might be my fav purchase ever, so convenient and consistent edges. My son is on the ice a lot and the synthetic so it’s paid for itself in spades. The replacement grind disks are way over priced though
I have the Sparx. I bought it for the consistency. Some people sharpening skates are terrible. Would be nice if they would have a sale every once in awhile on the grinding disks.

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same truck but a 2022. So you've learned that the old addage is true; "Black isn't a color, it's a part-time job". Black sure looks good,,, for 15 minutes. You'll love the Code Orange. Very easy to keep clean. Congrats!