Finally caved...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been trolling around here and autotrader for a couple of months, trying to decide whether or not I wanted to move into a Raptor. Almost bought a 2012 that was in a great shape, low miles, and some good mods but I knew I’d end up wishing I had a Gen 2. Got lots of good input from some guys on here about 17s vs 19s and although they made lots of good points for the 19, I couldn’t justify the extra $.

So this past weekend I flew to Texas and picked up an avalanche grey 2017 SCAB with the 802a and orange accents and some simple upgrades. Also came with an extended warranty which kind of sealed the deal. The whole 700 mile drive back to Colorado Springs I had a grin on my face. Plus I averaged over 17 mpg going 75-80 and gaining over 6K feet of elevation...

View attachment 137986

View attachment 137987

Nice Raptor...Congrats.....and FYI...that so called GRIN on your face will NOT be leaving anytime soon and is going to start hurting..!! Have had my Gen 1 for little over 1 year and still grinning from ear to ear every time I drive it...!

SS308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally from Pueblo West, now live in Cheyenne. Love Co. Sprgs.

Congrats on the Raptor and welcome to FRF!

Mj1anderson

Reaction score
Welcome to the team.
From a fellow 17er..
43K on mine so far and knock on wood it's been rock solid!
I do have an extended warranty just in case!