Fault code advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darinz

Reaction score
Hi Team. My truck has gone into limp mode several times recently and solved one problem which was a broken wire to the MAP sensor which cleared those codes but after driving it for a few days it went into limp again and the codes are..
P0237:26 Turbo Charger Boost sensor A Circuit Low
P025E:24 Turbo Boost Sensor A Intermittent / Erratic.

Along with this it has a very lumpy idle almost like having a big cam. (only when Tool warning is up though).
I have also noticed a small amount of oil smoke out the exhuast so guessing it all points to a turbo problem but any other things I should look at before ripping turbos off?

Also after about 30 minutes turned off the fault clears and it drives normally and can for over a week before doing it again.

FYI 2017 extra cab.

20Ecoboost17

Reaction score
Disconnect the sensor and check for water intrusion/corrosion in the connector and sensor. This is just a quick test since it's not easy diagnosing an electrical concern without actually being there in person. Screenshot (175).png

OP
OP
D

darinz

Reaction score
Thanks. I've pull both MAP sensors and cleaned them and 1 they weren't really very dirty and 2 the connections all looked OK. Given the cost of new MAP sensors, I think I'll just replace them both and see if that changes anything. Pretty much an elimination path now i think....unless any other ideas?