Exhaust rattle on cold start?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor916

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the TSB done on my 21 about 15k-20k ago or so. At 33k and its basically the same annoying noise. TSB never worked. Goes away after 20-30 seconds like before. Last week, my Dad was like your truck has something going on lol. Took it in recently again and they the tech said it was from the turbo wastegate...definitely not. It's clearly heard in the back. Not sure if it's worth the hassle to take it back in. With kids, kids sports and work ain't nobody got time for that. I feel they are just hoping I go away.

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the TSB done on my 21 about 15k-20k ago or so. At 33k and its basically the same annoying noise. TSB never worked. Goes away after 20-30 seconds like before. Last week, my Dad was like your truck has something going on lol. Took it in recently again and they the tech said it was from the turbo wastegate...definitely not. It's clearly heard in the back. Not sure if it's worth the hassle to take it back in. With kids, kids sports and work ain't nobody got time for that. I feel they are just hoping I go away.
Sit there with the door open in an instance where you can hear the rattle and switch the exhaust mode from normal to sport. If the rattle stops it’s the exhaust valve. If not something else. Probably the exhaust valve though. I wish it would just default to sport.

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am right there with you. I think it is back on my 21 also. I thought the same thing about not sure if it is worth the headache to go back to the dealer that couldn't diagnose it to begin with until there was a TSB out for it. I also have issues with the IWE's that they can't diagnose. It is one of those ghost things that never seems to be present for the dealer to notice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tday1103