Exhaust Mode Selection Unavailable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ekalb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2023 has 13k on it. Friday night after a 250 mile trip, I was really moving up an empty wide snow/gravel covered road. After a few miles of this, I came to a stop, switched it to sport mode and then a CEL came on and I got an "Exhaust mode selection not available" message. I was without tools, so I disconnected the battery for 15 minutes and the CEL went away. On my ride home, the light came back on and the message came back as well. I got it serviced today and I needed a new exhaust actuator motor.

How common a failure point is this? I initially thought maybe some gravel got stuck in there and burnt out the motor, but the Service advisor said everything looked totally normal and that it just failed.

Attachments

• exhaust.png
    exhaust.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 24

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '23 has 11k miles on it and it appears I lost one or both valves. I emailed my dealer on Monday and they checked my VIN. Said there were codes for both valves and ordered them. I am taking it in this THursday and will update progress when the repair is complete.

Symptom was quiet mode sounded like normal (maybe a little louder) and sport and baja sounded the same as regular baja. A lot more drone as well at lower RPM in any mode.

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update.
One valve was binding and the other loose. They had to order a new muffler. Valves only would not have fixed the issue.