Estimated Delivery Dates Getting Pushed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tooldrmr2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A chip shortage that causes one F150 plant to shut down would not affect another plant? Please explain?
Per my sources raptor production is still moving as planned, the raptor production has been planned for ahead of time so more then likely one plant shutting down is due to those parts being allocated to be used at DTP. Or that plant exhausting there stock they already had which will not affect DTP. DTP is moving as planned so if there's issues, it's either quality(unlikely) or other parts such as auto start stop running out(hence why they did the removal incentive, or other accessories (covers, linings ect).

Raptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All Raptors...3 were built on 07/28 & 1 on 08/10. Mine was also built on 07/28.

All these trucks that have been sitting are also Pre Auto Start/Stop option deletes....so maybe the Post Auto Start/Stop option trucks will start shipping asap?
This could be a good explanation. Mine was built 08/10. Nothing pushed yet but definitely could find out it was pushed come next week. We will probably never know if its the chip thing due to auto start stop but I think thats a plausible guess.

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
A chip shortage that causes one F150 plant to shut down would not affect another plant? Please explain?
Well you realize there are a whole hell of allot of Ford Plants around the country and world. Only KCTP shut down, not the plant right next door that makes the Transit, or the others. Sure there is a chip shortage, but you have no idea what is really happening. KC makes lower trim trucks, maybe they are pushing chips to the higher trims or other vehicles.

I can tell you 100% that there is a shortage of drivers to deliver vehicles.

Do I know for sure it’s not chips, no. But I can create a theory based on what I know being a supplier and there are 100 other reasons besides the chips.

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score

and this…..

“Transit vehicle production at the plant won't be interrupted and the Dearborn (Michigan) Truck Plant, which also produces F-150 trucks, remains operational”

This is to your comment about the “3” trucks your following. Has nothing to do with Dearborn.

OP
OP
Erjdrvr

Erjdrvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

and this…..

“Transit vehicle production at the plant won't be interrupted and the Dearborn (Michigan) Truck Plant, which also produces F-150 trucks, remains operational”

This is to your comment about the “3” trucks your following. Has nothing to do with Dearborn.
I am certainly not "married" to the chip theory, but only offered it as one of the many WAG's floating out there. Additionally, it was only a couple months ago that thousands of trucks were sitting around Dearborn waiting for chips.

Also wanted throw out there that trucks may sit awhile before they ship for some reason....as well several Raptors built in late July have not shipped. If they had shipped wouldn't we be seeing them all over internet....I've only seen 3?

I also agree with the possibility of your transportation theory and appreciated you sharing your Dad's transportation knowledge especially about Ramp 59. But again why are we seeing XL & XLT DTP trucks showing up at dealers in 2 weeks or less?

Finally, It would be nice if Ford would update their dealers as to what is happening with built trucks that are sitting.

jjm047

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think if it were still the chips (though it could be), the build dates would be affected, not the delivery date once it's set. If a truck is built, it's built. I doubt the chips are the reason behind the delivery dates being pushed.

The trucking explanation is much more plausible. I've been reading a lot about the shortage of drivers and I'm sure this will have a rather significant impact on the delivery of these trucks. Even Raptors that ship by rail will need to be loaded onto a truck to be transported to the dealer, so this affects everyone.

I do agree also that Ford should be more transparent about it and at least give something for the dealers to communicate to guys like us who are spending 80K on a premium vehicle.

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
Logistics for the carrier is probably allot more complex. I mean when your manufacturing close to a million trucks a year (pre COVID) between w plants, that’s about 1500 F150’s a day. I am sure some might sit for weeks. Maybe those are going by rail to Chicago, then sitting there to be trucked further out west etc. I can tell you when my truck personally ships it will be here in 1 day. The driver will load it along with other trucks and and make multiple deliveries around my area. My dad would do this. He’d leave Sunday at midnight Chicago time in sometimes an empty truck, head to detroit, load his truck and come home for the night, rinse and repeat. He would sometimes get a load back from Chicago that are made elsewhere and bring to the Detroit area (Woodhaven MI to be exact). Then local guys would take his cars he brought from Chicago and then distribute to dealers in Michigan and out East. He was doing so long that dealers knew him and would let him drop ship in middle of night when no one there.

i know it’s all a mystery but sometimes it is what it is. My 2015 F150 sat in yard for almost a month. My dad finally called and nobody knew why. It showed up a day later. And no he doesn’t have that contact anymore. LOL.

coryatver

Reaction score
Isn’t the plant that’s shutting down the one with the race track property packed with thousands of f150s waiting for chips? I’m guessing they decided to stop production and finish the ones they already have waiting on chips?

jjm047

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The delays are almost comical at this point…lol. Let’s face it, this probably won’t be the last.

now forgive me while I go cry about my first world problems…