Engine Sound ***Just in ***

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link, I can hardly wait till my 17 raptor gets here, but...... After hearing the 3.5, I'm not going to be reving up the motor, I guess I'm use to my gt500. But I'm sure I'll have a gen 1 beside me reving up his v8, and I'd be like...... Yea, that v8 sounds great. Maybe the gen 2s coming off the line next month will sound better.

That is my thought, put a roush exhaust on my GT500 and wow sounds great.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does it sound as good as a V8? No. Does it outperform a V8? I guess we'll see. I personally am more concerned with the performance and fuel economy than the sound.

I specifically did not buy a Gen1 because of the fuel economy for the 6.2. I am one of the people who always said I love the Raptor, but I wish it had the EcoBoost. I have waited along time for this to become a reality and couldn't be more excited.

As a side note, I don't understand the handful of Gen1 owners that seem to be in the Gen2 section with nothing to contribute other than to repeatedly say how much they think the Gen2 sucks. If you don't like the Gen2, then why are you even in this section trolling? There's nothing for you to see here, move along.

I would like to thank the other Gen1 owners that are here offering valuable feedback and insight. You guys are great, and there are a lot of you. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience.

LVsFINEST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a side note, I don't understand the handful of Gen1 owners that seem to be in the Gen2 section with nothing to contribute other than to repeatedly say how much they think the Gen2 sucks. If you don't like the Gen2, then why are you even in this section trolling? There's nothing for you to see here, move along.

"I'm here because of tapatalk, I swear"

07SGT5687

Reaction score
Wow, I'm impressed. After being so disappointed in the sound of my 14 f-150 EB, I was very worried about how these would sound. While it certainly don't sound like the coming-of-the-apocalypse-sounding GT350, I think sounds damn good. And probably better in person.

Jeffola

Reaction score
I had a 2010 SCAB and a 2011 SCREW, I sold my last one due to fuel economy and lack of need and use. If it didn't get 13 on the highway she would be here today. That being said I have a '17 Lightening Blue SCREW Lux loaded (No deadlocks, no exterior graphics) and I can't wait to take some photos next to Gossamer, my 2015 GT Convertible Mustang. That and my wifes 2015 Edge port with that 2.7Ecoboost is one sweet lineup of less than mundane cars. also a HUGE ford fan and really looking forward to Sync 3.

highwhey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it sound as good as a V8? No. Does it outperform a V8? I guess we'll see. I personally am more concerned with the performance and fuel economy than the sound.

I specifically did not buy a Gen1 because of the fuel economy for the 6.2. I am one of the people who always said I love the Raptor, but I wish it had the EcoBoost. I have waited along time for this to become a reality and couldn't be more excited.

I would like to thank the other Gen1 owners that are here offering valuable feedback and insight. You guys are great, and there are a lot of you. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience.

it happens with every new gen vehicle. i bought a 3rd gen tacoma in november and since it's a new generation, all the 2nd gen people flooded the 3rd gen forum at tacoma world with their hateful opinions on the truck. it's called gen envy. it happens with people too, you hear all the curmudgeons complaining about millennials.

i'm going to be trading in my tacoma for a 2nd gen raptor and i'm sure i'll experience the same level of trolling on this forum, don't care though.

that turbo note is beautiful :win:

SJRaptorG2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, looks like the Gen1 and others may win in a engine sound contest.

But, they wouldn't be that crazy to do that at a light? I mean how could they possibly back it up?

Also, if anyone at a light wants me to start revving my engine, I'll just say "Can't, Ford engine start stop on now, I'll see you in my rear view in a few"

Taxman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't realize until this video that the front grille stays in place with the hood up. I kinda like having the grille lift with the hood so I can clean the radiator fins more easily. Seems like the new design makes it harder to reach inside the engine bay.

Sound isn't bad, but there's no comparison to the 6.2L.