GEN 2 Driving on the interstate and it suddenly acts as if in neutral

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

forum8usa

Reaction score
2020 Goosetuned, big turbo package mods with 50k miles. Was driving on the interstate yesterday, passing a car and suddenly the truck acted as if in neutral. Hit the throttle and the RPMs climb but she’s not moving. Pull over, turn her off. Restarts just fine. No codes. Thought it was the computer so I plug in the accessport and reset the ECU. Restart it and when I put it in gear it doesn’t move. But the engine revs and the RPMs go up. Doesn’t even audibly sound like it’s going into drive. Won’t reverse either. Transmission problem?

full-race geoff

Reaction score
I had this happen with the COBB accessport on my Gen 2 also. It is very unsettling, not fun at all. (never happened with HPT or SCT on my other Gen 2). the problem for me was the connection between transmission to trans computer module inconsistently dropping and needed to reset the TCM to fix this.

Last edited:

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey man!

If the TCM reset doesn’t fix your issue, something is wrong with the transmission/drivetrain.

I feel like we spoke about this in email recently. I know I would’ve recommended a TCM reset. Did you ever reply back via email?

OP
OP
F

forum8usa

Reaction score
Hey man!

If the TCM reset doesn’t fix your issue, something is wrong with the transmission/drivetrain.

I feel like we spoke about this in email recently. I know I would’ve recommended a TCM reset. Did you ever reply back via email?
Hadn’t emailed you yet but was about to. :)

Yeah sounds like it’s a transmission problem. Gonna get it to a shop next week.