DREAM GARAGE coming soon!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CVP33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I’m obsessed with Obsessed Garage. Love their designs and they’ve definitely inspired my future garage build out. We just sold/bought our home and I’m moving to a 5 car (3 car front/2 car rear). My wife already knows what’s coming.

- Vevor floor tiles
- OG knock off tool cabinet wall
- OG knock off PW wall with deionizer, bucket fillers, vacuum, retractable everything, etc.
- Kobalt tool wall
- Car cleaning chemicals, tools, storage

….and while I do love OG, I just can’t stomach their prices. So I’ll be doing my garage for under $5K vs. $20K for theirs. This demands ingenuity, creative thinking and sone pretty serious deal-seeking.

I’m going to break this down into a few (many) posts as we don’t officially move in until July 27th, but the deal-seeking has already begun.

Before pic + inspiration below…..IMG_7297.jpegIMG_7235.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
CVP33

CVP33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First was paint and flooring. Since all the cabinets will be white….I'm going dark floors and dark walls. Hides the dirt better.

Garage floor is 25x35. Race deck is what OG uses, I’m going with Vevor. $1.60 minus 10% OFF (coupon HD sent me) = $1.44 sqft vs. $5+ for Racedeck. 875 sqft = $1,260 vs. $4,500.

Paint will be serious gray…….seemed appropriate.

IMG_7347.jpegIMG_0615.jpeg

OP
OP
CVP33

CVP33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next up is the pressure washer plumbing and equipment. OG uses Prevost. Actually designed for air compressor plumbing, but capable of handling water supply for these setups. After scouring the ‘tube’ I found several folks using PEX B. Cheap, effective and easy to install. One guy actually sells a kit for $300, but I created this version for just over $100.

Highlights
- Dual Deionizers (not in the $100) with bypass
- 2 bucket fillers
- 1 direct to PW line
- 1 direct retractable hose (not included) line for rinsing with deionized water

Here’s the video I used to map my system:

Now to the plumbing $100 vs. over $1,000. Here’s who I used - > https://plumbingsell.com/collections/pex-b-tubing
Free shipping with $100 purchase. I bought the crimping tool from Amazon for $25 and already built a test rig to get familiar with PEX B. If I can do it…..
IMG_7269.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
CVP33

CVP33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now for a couple things that shouldn’t cost what they do. OG bucket fillers are braided stainless steel hoses with fancy nozzles. How fancy? $125 apiece. Here’s my ~$21 solution.

- First you’ll need a 12” garden hose extender from Amazon. Be sure to get the male/female version. $13.98

- Second you’ll need to go to HarborFeight and buy the Greenwood hose nozzle. ITC members save 20% right now so $7.20

TOTAL - $21.18
IMG_7270.jpegIMG_7372.jpeg
FullSizeRender.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
CVP33

CVP33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next is a new item at Harbor Freight. Their stubby PW gun. I saw a few reviews comparing this one to the $192 Mosmatic. Quality for price is amazing. $25 minus 20% coupon = $20. Appears well worth it for this quality, especially with a swivel connector.

IMG_7349.jpegIMG_7350.jpeg

OP
OP
CVP33

CVP33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next the Mosmatic PW wand holder. Pretty nice piece in stainless steel so going to last a lifetime and worth the $163? Not knocking it, but I think we can do better. I searched up 3” stainless steel tube on Amazon and found this - Sanitary Spool tube. I was skeptical but ordered and received 2 days later. It’s absolutely amazing for $49 and the machining on the ends is just awesome. But how to wall mount? I did a project on my Toyoace where I mounted a fire extinguisher on the roll bar. I thought maybe this will work? It did. $22.50 minus 15% coupon = $19. So all in $69 vs $163. Could’ve easily went with PVC for much le$$, but absolutely glad I didn’t.

IMG_7343.jpegIMG_7342.jpeg
IMG_7344.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
CVP33

CVP33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last one for today is the deionizer. Cars with Keav on the ‘tube’ was testing the smaller SpotBye setup. He was able to get over 400 gallons out of the smaller, single unit with less than 5 TDS. Most systems use the Spotless unit and at $425 it’s really a great setup. I ordered the large, blue SpotBye for $104 after coupons and subscription (which I immediately cancelled), in fact I ordered 2. Just lucky that the second unit was extremely late (8 days) and Amazon sent me a refund and told me to keep it. So $104 for my 2X setup (not repeatable) vs. $425.

Going to attach them to the wall using the same quick release hardware and connect them in series (with a bypass) using the braided hose extenders and PEX B.

IMG_7351.jpegIMG_7239.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
CVP33

CVP33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMJOSHV did a test a few months back on the Grandfalls G20 PW with retractable hose. I was using the $99 Ryobi and trying to cobble together a Cox steel reel knock-off until I saw this. Now my son is getting the Ryobi hand me down and I’m going with the GF G20. Specs are exactly where you want to be for detailing.

SPECS: ~1,000 PSI and 1.6gpm
PRICE: $224 + $36 three year warranty = $260 total.

BTW, always get an extended warranty on a PW if it’s less than $100 per 3 years. Most are not rebuildable and if you have 3 cars/trucks to wash 20 times per year it’ll likely crap out in 2 years and can’t be rebuilt. So new replacement for free.

IMG_7205.jpeg

Last edited: