DIY Oil Change on Raptor R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good Lord Toadsmasher, your dealership is expensive. My last oil change (a month ago) was ~$50. I call to make an appointment and request that my regular (Senior Tech) does the oil change for me. This makes me realize how good my dealership is.
I hear ya. The $50 “The Works” oil and rotation doesn’t apply to the R.

11.5 qt full synthetic. It’s not much cheaper on Amazon either, I think $155. Filter is $35-40. So you’re not really coming out ahead much by doing it yourself.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just be ready when the drain plug comes out. It will initially shoot all the way to the tire if you don't have the proper catch pan.
The filter needs one of the wrenches that accepts a rachet extension to loosen. Also, make sure you have your drain pan under the filter drain CAVITY, not the lip drain in the front underneath the filter when the seal is broken.

R,
HAP

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good Lord Toadsmasher, your dealership is expensive. My last oil change (a month ago) was ~$50. I call to make an appointment and request that my regular (Senior Tech) does the oil change for me. This makes me realize how good my dealership is.

You aren’t getting a $50.00 oil change on an R. Nope.

Sam