Custom Padded Leather Center Console Lid Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Deinonychus

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
thats really nice man i love it good work how much foam did he add??? is it that big of a difference the stock padding?

There is no fair comparison in comfort. The stock lid is somewhat soft, but just up to what a $40K+ vehicle should have.

Without asking Byron, my guess would be that the foam is between 3/16" and 1/4" thick.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So the stock center console isn't leather? What is it? I haven't bothered to even see if there was a center console yet lol!

OP
OP
Deinonychus

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where did you get that done if i may ask and what was the turn around time for that.

My embroiderer was given the leather piece on Oct 25th and called me November 5th that it was complete.

Byron (the auto upholstery guy) was given the leather piece (which he originally gave me on Oct 24th) and my center console lid on November 7th. He called me November 16th at 4:00pm that it was ready for pickup.

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would do that in a heartbeat, but my rugrats like to use my console lid as a walking path...it would be trashed in a week!

raptor2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if some of the lettering could be done to match the new blue accent interior

Blukrom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if some of the lettering could be done to match the new blue accent interior

Im sure it could. The only problem is nobody knows what the color is or even what the interior will look like. Not even Ford, their web site has two different variations. hmmmm???