Custom Padded Leather Center Console Lid Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks Great bro!! I know you were excited about doing this project early on, so you gotta be pleased with the final outcome. :waytogo: :peace:

OP
OP
Deinonychus

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How much did that cost you to have made? That's nice

The embroidery cost $25

The leather, foam, and installation cost a total of $100

Both were done locally.

The leather, foam, and installation was done at
Terry Brothers Auto Trim (Atlantic Beach, FL) His prices are very reasonable.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Deinonychus

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks Great bro!! I know you were excited about doing this project early on, so you gotta be pleased with the final outcome. :waytogo: :peace:

Yes, as soon as I saw the inside of a Raptor (which was mine), I knew that the plastic center console lid had to go (or at least get padded with leather covering). I actually expected the lid would be leather covered. That date was October 3rd.

After much thought I decided on the stitching that I wanted. Then I started the ball rolling on October 24th.
The first act was to go to Terry Brothers Auto Trim and get a piece of black smooth leather (I wanted the leather to match the texture of the seats instead of the other alligator-like plastic parts).

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
looks sweet! i agree though I would have flipped it the other direction. thats how most OEM console lid lettering is done, so you can read it while seated right side up.

OP
OP
Deinonychus

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
looks sweet! i agree though I would have flipped it the other direction. thats how most OEM console lid lettering is done, so you can read it while seated right side up.

The main reason it is facing "upside down" is that I need to keep my oily elbow away from the stitching. The white stitching wouldn't be white very long under the soiling my elbow would administer. The only place on the lid that is away from my elbow is the back.

Once I chose the back of the lid for the stitching, the only choice is the direction that I had it stitched (IMO).

SaintsFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, makes sense. Please PM the name of your contact at Terry Brothers? I might ship my lid to them to get done in solid black leather.

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
thats really nice man i love it good work how much foam did he add??? is it that big of a difference the stock padding?