Cross shopping the Gen 3 Raptor and F-150 Tremor: would love some input

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wc901

Reaction score
I think he is referring to the f150 tremor, which when loaded out is writhing spitting distance of a raptor.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Tremor will never hold resale value like the Raptor. If resale is not important to you then disregard. That Tremor build is a few grand away from Raptor pricing and won’t make or break a loan payment if this is your method of financing.

The ride the handling the features and the looks. There really is not a great deal to compare. I think a low to mid end Tremor may make sense if that’s what somebody has to spend and the truck has enough for them to be happy with it.

Did you say you his was a PB Tremor? Seems ridiculously expensive to spend the this kind of money on a Tremor that’s not even.

jimmyjamm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a similar dilemna, considered an F-150, F-350 and Raptor when I ordered my 2018. With my work I needed a very capable off-road truck (coming from a Jeep 4-door JK Rubicon that was just too small for my field equipment) for work, but also very comfortable for a daily driver-sometimes I drive 3 or 4 hours on pavement, then 10's of miles off-road to get to a field location and have to be able to get myself in and out on my own. After the cost to upgrade an F-150 (they didn't have the Tremor in 2018) and then the depreciation, the F-150 was out. Then considering a F-350 diesel (for both resale and durabilit and mileage) I would have to fully upgrade suspension to make it soft enough to really work off-road well, I added all of these costs.
Once I did these cost comparisons, the Raptor, if could be purchased at MSRP, was the way to go. The F-350 would have cost more after the lift, front locker/Torsen, and tires, than a Raptor at MSRP.
Found a dealer that would do MSRP and haven't looked back.
We bought a small toy hauler last spring that pushes the tow limits of the Raptor, but other than that, all good.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you don't know how to drive in the snow, the Raptor is great. If you know how to drive in the snow, 2WD Normal mode is so good that it makes you laugh. If you're stupid, well, the best snow tires in the world won't save you.

OP
OP
B

bruin1md

Reaction score
@K223: I tend to turn my vehicles over every few years, so resale is huge for me. That's another reason I'm very hesitant about buying a Tremor at or near sticker in this temporarily inflated market.

BTW: you guys all feel that the Raptor--even with its off road baja focused suspension-- rides super smooth on pavement for long drives, correct?
I know the Tremor has leaf springs in the rear, but I was surprised how well it drove on the road-- felt smoother than a standard FX4 set up

Last edited:

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@K223: I tend to turn my vehicles over every few years, so resale is huge for me. That's another reason I'm very hesitant about buying a Tremor at or near sticker in this temporarily inflated market.

BTW: you guys all feel that the Raptor--even with its off baja focused suspension-- rides super smooth on pavement for long drives, correct?
I know the Tremor has leaf springs in the rear, but I was surprised how well it drove on the road-- felt smoother than a standard FX4 set up
Raptors are awesome highway vehicles. Super comfy ride and straight as an arrow.

Bubbasuwannee

Full Access Member
Reaction score

BTW: you guys all feel that the Raptor--even with its off baja focused suspension-- rides super smooth on pavement for long drives, correct?

Most comfortable trucks I've ever owned. The gen 3 is better over bumps than my gen 2 was.