converted my 2006 f150 into a raptor clone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

Turelli

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good. My only criticism is "no 4x4 " . Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Plus when you can't get that Chevy out of the ditch all of us will be judged by one trucks weakness. :(

Otherwise great job and some hard work I'm sure.

very true believe me theres times where i wish i had it but I've seen 2wd trucks with toyos pull 4x4 jeeps out of the mud so that is why I'm getting toyos. nothing like momentum when it gets iffy hahaha.

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

Looks good!

I've said this before... These raptor conversions should be encouraged!! These are the guys that make our stock takeoffs worth something. Any other truck, you'd have a pile of parts collecting dust in your garages.

makes you money and saves us a ton hahahaha. works out great.

Jarrett H

Full Access Member
Reaction score
once I'm completely done i will have a truck that will outrun a raptor for $20,000 cheaper. I like building my own things when i can. you learn to appreciate what you have when you build it yourself. the fact that I'm 23 and have a truck that looks like a $70,000 truck and push it further than most can do in there stock trucks makes me love sitting in the driver seat. i can tell you my truck doesn't have the electronics, 6.2L engine, or interior but she gets me from point a to b with compliments everywhere i go.

I love the truck and everything you've done. You could very easily make it perform better than a stock raptor and I'm excited to see where you take this beauty, but I opted for the raptor to have things like the 6.2l, locking diff, offroad mode, hill descent, 4WD that isn't activated at the diff, and an amazing resale value.

I was just reading a few dudes talking on dezertrangers about how their highly modified explorers will smoke a stock raptor. Yes, a $500 truck with $5k in suspension work and wheels/tires will kill a raptor offroad, but at the end of the day it's a polished **** they pull in the garage. Not comparing that to your truck, but you definitely found a nice compromise between looks, and price/performance.

Beautiful truck and I like everything you've done. Nice job.

now i need to find some toyo 37's and i think she'll be done for the year. This was one heck of a project and wish i could afford a real raptor but EMT's don't make that much hahaha.

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

Texas F150 Run..... solves everything hahaha

Noooo don't go with 37" toyos lol... I love the toyo and they have never done me wrong, I just think the aggressive mud pattern and 13.5 width makes our trucks look like poop.

Last edited:

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Turelli said:
once I'm completely done i will have a truck that will outrun a raptor for $20,000 cheaper. I like building my own things when i can. you learn to appreciate what you have when you build it yourself. the fact that I'm 23 and have a truck that looks like a $70,000 truck and push it further than most can do in there stock trucks makes me love sitting in the driver seat. i can tell you my truck doesn't have the electronics, 6.2L engine, or interior but she gets me from point a to b with compliments everywhere i go.

Well said! Let the haters hate. I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford a Raptor, but I can't quite shake that ever so slight poser feeling because the truck is such a badass turnkey from Ford that I really haven't made my own yet. I've put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into all of my previous vehicles and I'll be honest and say that I'm not crazy about the fact that some rich teenage punk who doesn't even know what an impact or air ratchet is can have essentially the same truck as me. You're absolutely right about enjoying things more when you build them yourself, so I applaud you and hope you enjoy the truck regardless of what people like Jackrook want to call it.

EDIT: Kudos for not putting the Raptor badges on it. Some people are really sensitive about that.

Last edited:

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
lol, I don't understand why all the hating. I bought a Raptor for it's performance and great looks. The OP has accomplished both with his conversion. I certainly didn't buy it for the NAME. I could care less if it's not an official Raptor as long as it can keep up on the trail.

In fact, the 06 is somewhat of a better platform. It weighs almost 800lbs less and has a shorter wheel base for a supercrew Than the 2011+.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Call me a hater but I just don't get it. In my eyes, not a Raptor

Well all want budget friendly Raptors. But what did we do? We made the sacrifice and bought REAL Raptors.

OK; you are a hater - just because you spent money doesn't mean you deserve any credit for owning/driving a Raptor.

This guy's put more work, time and money into modding his truck than you have into yours.

Give the guy some props for wishing he could have a Raptor and doing something about it.

Life is too short for this hater shit.

lighten-up-francis-o.gif

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ALWAYS love these threads lol, it was a great execution, still have some work to do, but it looks convincing.

OP
OP
T

Turelli

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the truck and everything you've done. You could very easily make it perform better than a stock raptor and I'm excited to see where you take this beauty, but I opted for the raptor to have things like the 6.2l, locking diff, offroad mode, hill descent, 4WD that isn't activated at the diff, and an amazing resale value.

I was just reading a few dudes talking on dezertrangers about how their highly modified explorers will smoke a stock raptor. Yes, a $500 truck with $5k in suspension work and wheels/tires will kill a raptor offroad, but at the end of the day it's a polished **** they pull in the garage. Not comparing that to your truck, but you definitely found a nice compromise between looks, and price/performance.

Beautiful truck and I like everything you've done. Nice job.

totally agree. The raptor has a ton of technology that makes it into the perfect off road vehicle/ pre runner. we all forget why we drive what we drive. most people bought it for the looks while i tried my best to achieve both with what i had. it may not have all them bells and whistles but is sure does do its thing out in the dirt.

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

lol, I don't understand why all the hating. I bought a Raptor for it's performance and great looks. The OP has accomplished both with his conversion. I certainly didn't buy it for the NAME. I could care less if it's not an official Raptor as long as it can keep up on the trail.

In fact, the 06 is somewhat of a better platform. It weighs almost 800lbs less and has a shorter wheel base for a supercrew Than the 2011+.

we all share the fact that we love the looks and love the dirt. hahaha. I'll always have the haters that don't like the fact that its a clone hahahaha. i did this for one other reason. that reason is absolutely everyone said that this was not possible and i would spend more money trying to convert it than just buying one.

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

Well said! Let the haters hate. I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford a Raptor, but I can't quite shake that ever so slight poser feeling because the truck is such a badass turnkey from Ford that I really haven't made my own yet. I've put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into all of my previous vehicles and I'll be honest and say that I'm not crazy about the fact that some rich teenage punk who doesn't even know what an impact or air ratchet is can have essentially the same truck as me. You're absolutely right about enjoying things more when you build them yourself, so I applaud you and hope you enjoy the truck regardless of what people like Jackrook want to call it.

EDIT: Kudos for not putting the Raptor badges on it. Some people are really sensitive about that.

thank you. hey even if i was able to afford a real raptor thats still hard earned money and you will appreciate that truck more than that rich kid who can buy another if he crashes it or gets bored of it.