converted my 2006 f150 into a raptor clone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rubare

Reaction score
Great Job kid. you are a go getter, you wanted and you got it. you made sacrifices as well, you put up hard work to get
it done and even tho you knew you did a great job converting a 06 F150 truck into a 10 Raptor clone. you didnt try to be a poser by adding the Raptor's badges. wait to stay humble. be proud of what you have accomplished.

about those that said they dont see him beating a Raptor, just remember that his truck's frame is lighter and it doesnt have a heavy @ss 4WD system in it. plus he said he wasnt done with it.. so no one knows whats in store for that engine.

To the hater----> Immitation is the best form of flattery, so just be happy the kid want to have a truck like yours!

once again Way to do it.! Nice Truck!

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great Job kid. you are a go getter, you wanted and you got it. you made sacrifices as well, you put up hard work to get
it done and even tho you knew you did a great job converting a 06 F150 truck into a 10 Raptor clone. you didnt try to be a poser by adding the Raptor's badges. wait to stay humble. be proud of what you have accomplished.

about those that said they dont see him beating a Raptor, just remember that his truck's frame is lighter and it doesnt have a heavy @ss 4WD system in it. plus he said he wasnt done with it.. so no one knows whats in store for that engine.

To the hater----> Immitation is the best form of flattery, so just be happy the kid want to have a truck like yours!

once again Way to do it.! Nice Truck!

Agreed. A 6.2 engine can easily be bought for cheap.

Eco-Beast

Reaction score
The funny thing is that several Eco boost owners here said they average 15-16 mpg in an ecoboost. Not worth it if you ask me.

my eco averages 13.5 at best mix city/hwy with 35" toyos. Highway trip best is 15 average. my dash usually reads 11-12mpg. i also have dual intake,turbo downpipes and catback exhaust. however i do have a buddy that has a fx2 eco with a brenthal/king setup running 35's and he average 20mpg on highway to a whole tank. he has sct w/5star tuning though. tuning and downpipes is where the ecoboost gets huge gains. cat back and intake are a waste of time. glad to see support for the clone. also glad I'm not going to be the first to do it on here. my parts are stacking up and will be done soon. my main reason in the beginging for converting the front end was for clearance. cheers

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

Is a v6 in a truck ever worth it-:)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

yea i think your right. takes a lot of $$ to perform like a 6.2 and plus no worry about turbos. but they do have a ton of torque and sound cool ha :cheers:

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eco beast I like the numbers. I like the fact that a lot of members are converting. I'm converting my 11 Harley Davidson so I'm in ur same boat.

Thanks for the input on the eco boost. I just worry about those turbos going then being stuck with a smaller engine in the truck, plus all the money to get power. I know thise engines are super popular, my gfs dad works in one of the factories and says that they run out of turbos now and again, thats good but still scares me if the wheel burns up or if dust gets in there. But even with the 6.2 to get power ull be in over $3500 for headers, tuner, exhaust, intake to get better torq and HP to really rip these tires.

This is a great thread and a great forum, and to see everyone building their trucks for what they do is awesome.

RigChaser962

FRF Addict
Reaction score
im with just about everyone else on this. for a clone this is probably one of the best clones ive seen, jackrook seems to have a bug up his ass and thats the type of over entitled raptor owners that give us all a bad name. you could have just as easy slapped airbags on the damn thing and put it in the weeds mexi style but you had a vision and went with a far better one than rollin the LBC with the homies.
great job bud! good build, and good staying humble, itll get you a lot farther than being king pompilius.

Eco-Beast

Reaction score
Eco beast I like the numbers. I like the fact that a lot of members are converting. I'm converting my 11 Harley Davidson so I'm in ur same boat.

Thanks for the input on the eco boost. I just worry about those turbos going then being stuck with a smaller engine in the truck, plus all the money to get power. I know thise engines are super popular, my gfs dad works in one of the factories and says that they run out of turbos now and again, thats good but still scares me if the wheel burns up or if dust gets in there. But even with the 6.2 to get power ull be in over $3500 for headers, tuner, exhaust, intake to get better torq and HP to really rip these tires.

This is a great thread and a great forum, and to see everyone building their trucks for what they do is awesome.

No prob.
To get the hp and most importantly over 500 ft lbs of torque you need SCT w/5star tuning $550 and a set of stainless works down pipes-$750. Gears make a huge difference with the eco as well. Mine has 3.55 and is getting 4.10's soon.

Also just to clear it up I'm not building a raptor clone. In fact if i could get decent looking glass fenders without the SVT side vents i would. Not a fan of the f150 glass fenders.My truck will not have any raptor badges just the f-150 badge that came on the tail gate. I lucked out and my friends at TMX got me a deal on some stock raptor stuff, my truck was very close to getting the dirt freeks 4wd lt kit. But when i found out the raptor stuff would go right on i couldn't pass up the deal plus i saved a ton of dough. BTW f-150 owners glassworks is coming out with a set of fenders for our trucks sometime late this month 1" rise and 3 or 4" flare I've heard. If i hadn't already bought boatec fenders and hood id be getting the glassworks for sure. cheers