converted my 2006 f150 into a raptor clone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Battle Born

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2WD

Why would you not Buy and Clone a 4+4 I don't get it what did you save, that you couldn't make up in resale. I am serious because I am about to Clone an F150 with the the parts I am removing from my 2014 Supercab. Cheers

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Congrats Turelli. You did a lot of good hard work to get what you wanted. If you like it, that's what matters.

I've been reading several threads here and in other forums, and I've been surprised by the strong "emotions" these trucks generate. I've had Miatas, a 350Z, a Beemer, two Jeeps, two Vettes and an SL550. Each online community is very unique and special in its own way. But one thing I've seen everywhere is the posers, the haters and the douches. Some more prevalent than others.

I have been particularly surprised at the hate from other F150 owners. I guess some of it is deserved because I've read some posts from Raptor owners that made me go WTF? If someone wants to make their truck look like a Raptor, kudos. If someone wants to upgrade their FX4 and talk smack about how they can beat my Raptor like a little girl, then more power to them. I bought the truck I wanted to drive, and welcome everyone who wants to drive a Raptor or something that looks like a Raptor.

Congrats and welcome!

Last edited:

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Congrats Turelli. You did a lot of good hard work to get what you wanted. If you like it, that's what matters.

I've been reading several threads here and in other forums, and I've been surprised by the strong "emotions" these trucks generate. I've had Miatas, a 350Z, a Beemer, two Jeeps, two Vettes and an SL550. Each online community is very unique and special in its own way. But one thing I've seen everywhere is the posers, the haters and the douches. Some more prevalent than others.

I have been particularly surprised at the hate from other F150 owners. I guess some of it is deserved because I've read some posts from Raptor owners that made me go WTF? If someone wants to make their truck look like a Raptor, kudos. If someone wants to upgrade their FX4 and talk smack about how they can beat my Raptor like a little girl, then more power to them. I bought the truck I wanted to drive, and welcome everyone who wants to drive a Raptor or something that looks like a Raptor.

Congrats and welcome!

Amen to that. I do however, get the stinkeye from ecoboost owners.. Basically saying they could beat me in a straight line and gets better gas mileage.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Amen to that. I do however, get the stinkeye from ecoboost owners.. Basically saying they could beat me in a straight line and gets better gas mileage.

My Raptor eats ecoboost engines for breakfast and stays hungry. I'm not worried... :gay:

Ben0326

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice truck! I would never have guessed it started as a normal F150 if you didn't mention that it did, it's even more impressive since it looks like you did most of the conversion by yourself in your driveway

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turelli great for you and thank you for the great info, I want to convert my Harley awd to raptor-like truck with a little twist, and you gave me some great ideas. Thank you and great way to make ur truck ur own:):)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score

The funny thing is that several Eco boost owners here said they average 15-16 mpg in an ecoboost. Not worth it if you ask me.