Constant Carplay Issues with my 2023

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
I’ve had the same problem about syncing and found this to be the easiest thing to do. I actually intentionally make sure music plays now before I drive away just to make sure it synced but if it doesn’t >>> When it doesn’t connect to your CarPlay you don’t have to recycle the truck with the park, kill engine, open doors and all. You just click the phone tab and tell the truck to connect to the wife/girlfriend…..boyfriends?…phone and it will unsync your phone. Then you just click CarPlay button again on your phone and it will resync and work…at least it always does for me

Also another observation, when it doesn’t sync if I just drive and completely ignore it and leave it alone usually within like < 10 mins it will just sync and start playing music on its own.

STHenry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wireless Car Play just randomly drops the phone and then a few minutes later will pick it back up. We verified all software was up to date on sync and the phone. Had the dealer look at it and they told me there was no issue. Tried another I Phone and an Android and had issues with both. I became so frustrated with it I now only connect through the USB C port. It sucks that it doesn't work as well as our other vehicles, however I didn't have it in my 2018 so no real loss there.

k3k0a808

Reaction score
My 23' does the same thing but it's maybe 1-2 a week. I just hold the power and track forward button and it resets the stereo and I go about my day... hopefully it will get an update that fixes everything.

alockbox

Reaction score
My 23' does the same thing but it's maybe 1-2 a week. I just hold the power and track forward button and it resets the stereo and I go about my day... hopefully it will get an update that fixes everything.
I set the favorite button on the screen to Phone List. I tap that and tap the CarPlay icon next to my phone to disable, wait 10 seconds, tap it back on, and it works each time. Might be a little faster.

Daneger

Reaction score
Did Ford find a fix to the left side of the truck not having any sound in CarPlay. My new 2024 has 300 miles on it and I can’t get the sound to work. I only use wired CarPlay and it only happens in Apple Music.

DFS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did Ford find a fix to the left side of the truck not having any sound in CarPlay. My new 2024 has 300 miles on it and I can’t get the sound to work. I only use wired CarPlay and it only happens in Apple Music.
Switch from CarPlay to Bluetooth, once the Bluetooth connection is complete switch back to CarPlay. Resolves the issue for me 100% of the time in my '24

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Switch from CarPlay to Bluetooth, once the Bluetooth connection is complete switch back to CarPlay. Resolves the issue for me 100% of the time in my '24
that’s odd and sounds very much like some protocol handshake timed out silently or never initiated in the first place. When it happens are you being patient, letting the truck start, sync inits, and then you try to connect? I can’t even imagine what kind of primitive interface there is on the Jen Juan, but definitely on Jen Too, you need to be pretty patient, not start the truck with the phone connected, complete 2 Hail Mary’s and 2 Our Fathers and hope for the best.

DFS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
that’s odd and sounds very much like some protocol handshake timed out silently or never initiated in the first place. When it happens are you being patient, letting the truck start, sync inits, and then you try to connect? I can’t even imagine what kind of primitive interface there is on the Jen Juan, but definitely on Jen Too, you need to be pretty patient, not start the truck with the phone connected, complete 2 Hail Mary’s and 2 Our Fathers and hope for the best.
Yeah it’s quite frustrating sometimes, doesn’t matter if I wait 30 seconds or 30 minutes, it’s never resolved on its own. Having a protocol that is 100% effective has alleviated the frustration though. Works for me.

Daneger

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, but I still can’t get the speakers on the left side to work in any way. They are on but on volume 1. I can adjust the fade/balance to the left and crank the volume, but that would blow the rest out if moved back.

Everything else works except Apple Music, and it’s a 15 pro max that is up to date.

Daneger

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, but I still can’t get the speakers on the left side to work in any way. They are on but on volume 1. I can adjust the fade/balance to the left and crank the volume, but that would blow the rest out if moved back.

Everything else works except Apple Music, and it’s a 15 pro max that is up to date.

So I figured out the fix to at least my problem! I have my iPhone set up for my hearing loss in one ear for my AirPods Pro’s, which has the balance moved to the right to compensate. Funny thing is that the balance isn’t affected in any of my other cars just the Raptor.

You can check the balance up Accessibility/Audio and Visual/Balance

IMG_5305.jpeg