College Research Project For Raptor:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

My research group are conducting a project on "why" one should purchase a Ford Raptor and having first-hand, formal, information from actual owners would help build our case for our presentation. This will be conducted over the next 7 - 8 weeks, so please feel free to reply to this thread or private message for any input that you have on this awesome vehicle!

As time progresses I will update everyone, via this thread, on the progress of the group as well as any information that we've received that may need to be verified with someone that has more intimate knowledge of the Raptor.

Some personal background information for me:

My husband and I are off-roading enthusiasts and have been eyeballing the Raptor since its initial release, and now that it is being releases as a crew-cab truck we are more than likely going to be adding it to the list of "wants" in our future (to save for of course). The problem is, is that we want a family and an extended cab just isn't enough space for a baby-seat, etc. as this vehicle will double as the off-roading/daily driver for me.

Yes we have seen Top Gear when they reviewed this vehicle; to be completely honest it was the ONLY episode of the "American" version that I have remotely liked thus far, and we still prefer the BBC version. Heck I would have LOVED to have seen Jeremy Clarkson bouncing around in that thing and give a review! He would have certainly made the best of it, but the more comical choice would have been Richard Hammond of course! Lol!

Any who, that is all I have for now but I am looking forward to this project and any help that I get from y'all! :)

Thanks Much!

Mrs-JeeperMatt :)

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Unfortunately since Jeremy IS completely useless off road, Richard would drive but I agree seeing Jeremy scream POWER!!! through the desert would be amazing!

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
RE: whtrapta - Lol...

I know right! Lol...

I think that Richard would be more into it and, honestly, better at it. THOUGH Jeremy did drive like a maniac all the way to the North Pole in a highly modified Toyota Hilux and yes he was rather rubbish when there were obstacles in his way! Lol...

POWEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Mrs-JeeperMatt:)
:roflsquared:

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
RE: whtrapta - AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want one!

This is on the back of my raptor lol

That is freaking awesome! :)

Personally I was really disappointed when the, I guess second Stig, revealed himself. My husband told me that there was another Stig, the black Stig?, that was before him and they "killed" him off the show by throwing him from a plane.

On a much lighter note, we named our cat The Stig, yes with the The too, and people always look at me sideways when I tell them. They just don't understand! Lol! :)

Mrs-JeeperMatt
:roflsquared::roflsquared::roflsquared:

Last edited:

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
The problem is, is that we want a family and an extended cab just isn't enough space for a baby-seat, etc. as this vehicle will double as the off-roading/daily driver for me.

Hmm. I have had both rear and forward facing car seats and have had zero fit issues with either in my Super Cab (also my DD).

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Personally I was really disappointed when the, I guess second Stig, revealed himself. My husband told me that there was another Stig, the black Stig?, that was before him and they "killed" him off the show by throwing him from a plane.

We just talked about the Stig in another thread. My truck license plate is: "NOTSTIG" and my Mustang's plate is: "IAMSTIG".

Anyway, the first or "Black" Stig was not thrown from a plane, he was launched off an aircraft carrier into the sea. He also revealed who he was after he released a second verison of his autobiography.

The most recent Stig, the one that donned the white suit, did not have any sort of farewell -- he was just fired for revealing his identity as well, in an autobiography.

The now-current Stig is supposedly one from the "Stig Farm" or perhaps even the baby Stig featured in the Middle East Special.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mrs JeeperMatt, sounds like a cool project. We are happy to help out with it, keep us posted on what you need when it comes time to start compiling data.