Clunking sound on Gen 3 too

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Key words. Components effected. If you install high friction pads and SS lines and start warping stock rotors, Ford can and will blame those mods for the rotor issues. A Friend bought a New Ram diesel and modified the heck out of the engine, the tranny failed and he was denied warranty due to engine mods.
The real key words are lawyers and money. Both of which ford has a plentiful supply of.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dropped mine off for an oil change 5,000 miles ago and asked them to look at my shocks. I also provided the SSM. They immediately ordered new rear shocks without question. 5,000 miles since installing and the rear remains super quiet. Find a good service department if you’re getting kick back.

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dropped mine off for an oil change 5,000 miles ago and asked them to look at my shocks. I also provided the SSM. They immediately ordered new rear shocks without question. 5,000 miles since installing and the rear remains super quiet. Find a good service department if you’re getting kick back.
What service dept? We need a list of places like this

leonardopessoa

Living the dream
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also sharing my experience here with Lebanon Ford in Ohio. Dropped my truck with 25k miles and clunky noise coming from the rear suspension. Shocks were replaced after a week (due to parts backorder) with no questions asked. Such a smooth ride now!

cjhoneyman

Reaction score
After 8 days, I have my truck back from the shop. They had to diagnose each shock independently to ensure it was making noise (insert eyeroll). They ended up replacing three of the four shocks (1 front, 2 rear). I'm sure the 4th will give way over the next 10k miles, but we'll see. I also had them throw on the Eibach leveling springs (1.5" front / 2.2" rear) and it's sitting dead level now.

IMG_2500.JPG

IMG_2501.JPG

IMG_2511.JPG

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, right rear shock that was replaced under warranty made it 10 months before leaking. Yes I have been keeping an eye on it and no it is not just residual weeping. It’s dripping on my driveway. How much this truck has been in and out of the dealership in two years is disappointing.
IMG_5691.jpeg

ihavearaptor

Reaction score
I just bought a 2024 and have kind of a metallic sounds popping clunk. Sounds almost like a piece of metal popping back into place almost (can’t feel anything though through the wheel). It usually happens when slowing down or accelerating from a stop. Anyone know what this might be? Sounds like it’s coming from the middle/rear axel of the truck
My truck started making this noise as well (50k miles). They hooked up the 'ears', replaced a control arm, but can't identify the noise. I've got a canopy/rtt on the back and they said they couldn't do anything further without that removed since they isolated the noise to the 'bed area'. Seems like it is not the shock clunk, as I get no noise when jumping on bumper. Only happens when turning 90 degrees (sometimes) or when turning up an incline drive. Would love to figure it out, freaking drives me nuts too!