Clunking sound on Gen 3 too

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my front shocks (dealer called them struts) replaced yesterday and my rears a couple of weeks ago. Does anyone know if the dealer should have done an alignment after the fronts were replaced?
They should have, I have alignment as well as alignment for the front safety sensor (whatever thats called) listed in my paperwork

cjhoneyman

Reaction score
I took my 2022 to the dealer as I have the clunking in the front and rear, provided them the SSM. After a day with the truck they told me they believe it's the springs, not the shocks. They said they would need it for over a week to evaluate each "corner" at a time as Ford won't approve ordering parts for all four corners at once due to the cost.

Since they believe it's the springs, I elected to order the Eibach springs and have them replace all four. My idea here is that if the new springs solves the problem, great, and I got the springs installed at no cost. If they don't solve the problem, they can order the shocks and replace them one at a time. Any flaws in this logic I should be aware of?

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took my 2022 to the dealer as I have the clunking in the front and rear, provided them the SSM. After a day with the truck they told me they believe it's the springs, not the shocks. They said they would need it for over a week to evaluate each "corner" at a time as Ford won't approve ordering parts for all four corners at once due to the cost.

Since they believe it's the springs, I elected to order the Eibach springs and have them replace all four. My idea here is that if the new springs solves the problem, great, and I got the springs installed at no cost. If they don't solve the problem, they can order the shocks and replace them one at a time. Any flaws in this logic I should be aware of?
There is no limitation on shocks. My dealer confirmed that with the FSE and ordered all 4 at one time. They’re dragging the process on you to get you to give up