Chris Ross Build Underway

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raceco-USA

Banned
Reaction score
just to clarify, The welding in the pics on page 15 are MIG, this is TIG and also heliarc(aluminum)

Attachments

• aa.jpg
    aa.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 103
  • aaa.jpg
    aaa.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

BigScott

Banned
Reaction score
It's not how a weld "looks" it's how it "test's"

To fit 39" up front there would be 2 ways. Trim firewall and weld in a more accepting firewall-kick. Or move front geometery foward a few inches. If it went rear wheel only moving front foward would be the way to get some L O N G travel up front. This might be Coreys first Raptor extreme, but it ain't his first long travel. Corey does not Talk that much about some things. That don't mean his wheels ain't spinnin.

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Some beautiful welds there. Look forward to following along on this build. Just one question though since I saw this will be daily driven as well, are you worried that if there was an accident that the rear passengers could potentially hit their head on a roll bar? I know in many cases roll cages can be dangerous on the street since people do not wear helmets on the road.

Cheers

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just to clarify, The welding in the pics on page 15 are MIG, this is TIG and also heliarc(aluminum)

And those are extraordinary looking tig beads on both the steel and aluminum. Nice work sir!

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

They are tig welds and they look pretty dang good.

I'm not a pro welder anymore, but, I can still tell the difference trey.:893karatesmiley-thu They are pleasing to the eye I agree. Just seem as though they may look a bit better than they would test is all. They are probably plenty strong for where they are. I know Raceco builds nice stuff so I'm sure it is well over engineered.

OP
OP
RPG

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Enough of this weld schmeld talk, lets get back to the fun stuff. Progress is coming along nicely and all I can say is this thing is gonna look and perform insane when it's finished. The stuff that's being designed for this truck is a game changer.

pics from 08/22/12

DSC_0898.jpg
DSC_0895.jpg
DSC_0901.jpg
DSC_0915.jpg
DSC_0919.jpg
DSC_0913.jpg
DSC_0916.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Is RPG is teaming up with ADD Look at the shackles

We need to make longer shackles for the truck. However, the ADD ones on there are real nice.