Catalytic Converter protection - 2024 802a

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

rbrb

Reaction score
The reason this comes up is because I spent about 5 days at a hospice facility in what seemed like a decent part of Maryland (6001 Muncaster Mill Road Rockville, MD) keeping my dad company while he died. Sometime during that visit, somebody stole the cat off my mom's car which I had driven there in.

"hospice facility" means "place people go to die in peace", as opposed to "place people go to hang out with **** heads".

The F150 is ranked #1 for catalytic converter theft according to Motor Trend and Car & Driver and a number of other random sources that came up in a google search. I know Priuseseses are also big - that's what my mom's car was.

And, finally, I wasn't sure, so I asked. Thanks for all of the helpful answers. I wasn't sure if I was going to get mocked, and I don't know what the Bingo comments mean - but I got some real help and I appreciate it.

RogueClimber

Captain Rob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know what the Bingo comments mean -

Keep reading threads -- Bingo cards get awarded for asking repeat questions repeatedly again and again (ya get what I mean???) -- What oil do you run?

Catalytic converter theft is one of those boogeyman issues. Though we haven't seen it much within our group, it is still a scary thought. Is it worth the insurance of buying "protection"?

OP
OP
R

rbrb

Reaction score
I wouldn't dare write a question in a forum (any forum... any topic...) without searching first. I may be clueless about auto mechanics, but I'm not a complete blithering idiot just looking for abuse to be heaped upon my head. :)

I really want to be able to use regular expressions in forum searches. Searching by keyword is so 1980's.

By the way, what oil would you recommend? just kidding...

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The reason this comes up is because I spent about 5 days at a hospice facility in what seemed like a decent part of Maryland (6001 Muncaster Mill Road Rockville, MD) keeping my dad company while he died. Sometime during that visit, somebody stole the cat off my mom's car which I had driven there in.

I live very close by… it really is a decent part, so I’m sorry that happened to you here.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My father in law has a regular F150 2021…He installed one of these things on his, but he also has zero skid plates. Engine type may also be a factor in this as well. I wouldn’t think the cats would be in the exact same place for the 5.0 as the eco. Who knows maybe they are.