Catalytic Converter protection - 2024 802a

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rbrb

Reaction score
I have searched the site and can't find this information, so I'd appreciate either some help or a pointer to where it's already been discussed.

We just took delivery of a 2024 802a Raptor, and I'm wondering about protecting it from cat theft.

This video seems be be saying the cats are tucked away and safe:

This thread on an older Raptor R seems to imply that they're not. But I didn't buy an older Raptor R, so I don't know if it's relevant:

It's all kind of "blah blah blah Ginger" to me. My husband is the one with a clue, but neither of us is really up on the state of the art with cat theft.

1712857038659.png

Thanks,

Rachael

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
never even heard of this being a thing on raptors.. probably because they are 2 small ones, vs a large unit for most SUVs.. they are kinda tucked up in there, but honestly, i could care less.. id call the insurance company and pay my deductible, but i also dont live around m eth heads..

Hard R

Reaction score
I'm getting an exhaust installed on my R at the moment and was able to snap this photo. The cat is where the blue box is marked. I probably wouldnt be concerned about it.

1000017406.jpg

Last edited:

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
There's a giant skid plate on Raptors, nobody is cutting off the cats. They will hit the Toyota parked next to it. Non issue. Not sure why this comes up.

Now the tail lights, you better super glue those suckers down!

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There's a giant skid plate on Raptors, nobody is cutting off the cats. They will hit the Toyota parked next to it. Non issue. Not sure why this comes up.

Now the tail lights, you better super glue those suckers down!

or just simply plug the hole in the tailgate for the release... i put a wellnut screwed down...