can I run e-30 in my 2012 6.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought what made it flex was the variable timing I still would like some one from ford to let me know If it voids warranty I should have the right to run it if It can be done. I like burning ethanol because it is cleaner (smells better coming out the tail pipe) and if it wasn't for ethanol I wouldn't be able to buy any vehicle I farm and a lot of farmers buy pickups when they have the money. the raptor fit my needs better than a 250 I will mainly be checking crops and taking the kids to school in it I wanted a smoother ride.

I just want the right to burn what ever fuel I choose as long as it don't heart the engine and I run e-30 in every thing and have for over 10 years and have not had a problem running e-30 in any of my other engine's nonflexs torus 2002 19-26mpg f150 1979 10-17mpg f150 2004 15-19mpg impala 2006 25-32mpg chrysler town&country 2008 17-26mpg old farm trucks 60's 80's every thing has over 100,000 miles except the 2008 town&country Oh and the can-am 800 outlander xtp 2500 miles running e-30 17mpg
I don't believe in mandates but I believe in the right to choose what I want to do for my country I love the USA I live hear and burn e-30 and know what it is but don't understand the difference between nonflex and flex I would never run any thing higher than 50-50 blend in a nonflex vehicle for me e-30 works...

If you have been running it in all you non-flex fuel vehicles why do you need approval from people here? Like Nike says"Just Do It" and not worry... You have proven that you can run it without any problems...

OP
OP
Wilson

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just don't want to wait to see if their are problems from factory ie it's your fault you put e-30 in your warranty is void. so I will have to wait and put the e-30 in when I feel every thing is ok from factory which is ok just sucks USA cant support American farmers by ok-ing a better blend. I or anyone should have the right to burn it as anyone should have the right to not burn it.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just don't want to wait to see if their are problems from factory ie it's your fault you put e-30 in your warranty is void. so I will have to wait and put the e-30 in when I feel every thing is ok from factory which is ok just sucks USA cant support American farmers by ok-ing a better blend. I or anyone should have the right to burn it as anyone should have the right to not burn it.

You do have the right to burn what you want... You just need to purchase a vehicle that will run it safely... and like I said you have been running it for 10 years and have had no problems...

comagt

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Do not run anything greater than E10 in the Raptor. It is not configured to run anything higher and your warranty, reliability will go down the toilet.

OP
OP
Wilson

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ya I was hopping a technician could explain the why a fuel pump or what ever makes the difference in flex versus non flex I think it is a just because for now I just wish EPA would get on it and get a true study done for more than e-15 go right to 50-50 and back to what works I know 50-50 would work and then America could choose what fuel they want to use.

DEADEYE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a look at the gas tank opening on 2011 6.2.

Attachments

• Farmington-20120129-00033.jpg
    Farmington-20120129-00033.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Thank God the wasteful and damaging tax subsidy for ethanol production has finally expired after 30 years, although the production of ethanol will continue - thus keeping the cost of food high.

Turning our foodstuffs into fuel is a monumental waste - especially since there are bio fuel alternatives (various grasses) that work just as well. The subsidy was a big giveaway to farmers - mostly corporate farmers at that - with little relationship between production of bio fuel and energy independence.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
There are two major factors that determine Flex-fuel capability: materials compatibility and computer programming.

Quite a few cars on the road today cannot run anything greater than E10 because materials in the fuel system cannot tolerate higher levels of ethanol. It eats certain types of rubber and seals, leading to leaks and debris shedding in the fuel system.

Cars with flex-fuel capability also have programming that lets the computer determine what is in the tank, timing and fuel delivery are different for different grades of blended fuels (higher ethanol content can take more timing, but due to lower energy density, more fuel is required).

As far as the political side of it, I would leave that out of this, unless you want a long debate that has nothing to do with running ethanol in the 6.2.

OP
OP
Wilson

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank God the wasteful and damaging tax subsidy for ethanol production has finally expired after 30 years, although the production of ethanol will continue - thus keeping the cost of food high.

Turning our foodstuffs into fuel is a monumental waste - especially since there are bio fuel alternatives (various grasses) that work just as well. The subsidy was a big giveaway to farmers - mostly corporate farmers at that - with little relationship between production of bio fuel and energy independence.

lol I thought you raise cows have you never feed cattle ddg (dried distillers grain) they love it ant that is what makes food as for corn (corn flaks) we can produce anuff corn for food. we are still exporting corn ie we still have anuff for food

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
lol I thought you raise cows have you never feed cattle ddg (dried distillers grain) they love it ant that is what makes food as for corn (corn flaks) we can produce anuff corn for food. we are still exporting corn ie we still have anuff for food

If you do have an issue with the vehicle for any drivability concerns and they take a fuel sample. If a technician finds more ethonal then what vehicle of having according to its manual then you more then likely won't get your drivabilty concern covered under warranty. like I said it depends if they take a fuel sample or not. Ford is becoming very strict when it comes to fuel quality even more so with diesels.