Camburg Conversion coil buckets installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FJohnny

Reaction score
Very nice. I just went with the Gen 1 Fox 3.0 with DSC on my 2017 due to not wanting to being too afraid a shop would mess up the bucket.

OP
OP
trevordbos

trevordbos

Reaction score
I could see a shop ******** up something easily while doing this. A lot of wires and lines around the welding and cutting area.

Dunerking

Reaction score
Just finished up the raptor suspension swap on my 2017 F-150. These Camburg coil buckets were very easy to install/weld in. Figured I would share if any Gen 1 owners were thinking of swapping to Gen 2 shocks. View attachment 408358View attachment 408359View attachment 408360View attachment 408361
Nice job! Any tricks that you would mind sharing? My son and I are in the beginning stages of gather the parts to swap hi 2017 F-150 to a Gen 2 Raptor. Thanks for any tips!

OP
OP
trevordbos

trevordbos

Reaction score
Nice job! Any tricks that you would mind sharing? My son and I are in the beginning stages of gather the parts to swap hi 2017 F-150 to a Gen 2 Raptor. Thanks for any tips

I was just going through old videos looking to see if I could come up with any tips but I really cannot think of anything that would be super helpful. It truly was a very easy process. I just took my time cutting away the tops of the coil buckets little by little as to not go too far. I then used the upper control arm bolts to line things up and tacked it in place. I did a rough fit of the lower control arm and strut prior to fully welding everything. Did this in May of 2023 and it is holding up great. If I remember right though I needed all new hardware for the lower control arm and the shocks. Bolts, nuts, etc. attached is a screenshot of some of the stuff I ordered.stuff i ordered.PNG

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any picture of the P-side bucket? I'm curious about the clearance to the motor on that side. I've got the KHC version, the D-side is already done, the only thing I remember about that side was to pull the brake lines away from the oem bucket and I think I used a trimmed piece of sheetmetal (to catch sparks) behind the bucket & a cutoff wheel.