Buying new raptor tomorrow..Paint protector or not

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

snooky

Reaction score
New truck tomorrow...Paint protector or not

Buying a new raptor tomorrow, salesman is trying to get me to buy paint protector for the truck which is tuxedo black..... The protector cost around $500.00. Is this a good thing to do or not? Is there any other products I should use instead of this???

OP
OP
S

snooky

Reaction score
Purchasing a new 2014 tuxedo black SE tomorrow and sales rep is trying to get me to buy the paint protection for $500.00.... Is this a good thing or not?? Any other products like this out there?? No clue on this at all .... HELP bringing it home tomorrow with or without

MKSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What type of protection. Clear bra or a detail product?

If it's a quick $500 spray wax ect. Save your money and just bring it home and put a good coat of wax on it,if it's a clear film over the front to protect from stone chips and such go for it. I have it on mine and paid over 1k for a professional to do it

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If ya want to see some pics check out some of the ones of mine and withy woman's truck we have the entire lower half wrapped in the stuff and it has saved us a lot off-road. If you do not plan on taking it to often off road I would only do the front clip with apillers and the top of the cab along with the rocker panels. That will save some of the cost.