Burning smell after Off roading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After I use 4H or 4L I smell burning in the car. Help

OP
OP
xBX

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went wheeling yesterday for the first time in weeks and noticed the same thing! Couldn't smell it in the truck but when we got out it smelled like burning plastic.

The first time I went I didn't small anything, went a month or so later. And it's burning...

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, nothin like that-unless I use the hill descent.

Last edited:

Vidiot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does that, I'm thinking its the transmission fluid.

smells kind of sweet to me.

Its way better than my friends '10 Power Wagon, his Transmission breather is right beside his Fresh air intake. makes his whole truck smell like sewage.

Now im just assuming based on his truck, that my breather is located in a similar area. I havent actually checked to confirm.

My belt only started whining last night after splashing through a few puddles. it was back to its normal volume a couple hours later, i guess after the water dried/froze/evapped.

INI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine Stinks after a hard WOT run. Someone told me it means it running Lean?
is that normal? It almost smells like a new exhaust burn off.

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I noticed the same smell this evening when I got out of the truck and am curious as well as to what might be going on.

Bedrock

Reaction score
Went wheeling yesterday for the first time in weeks and noticed the same thing! Couldn't smell it in the truck but when we got out it smelled like burning plastic.

Ive smelled the same thing, no idea what it is but this trucks makes a lot of weird sounds and smells. I figure its just breaking in.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I've got 25,000 miles and every time I drive it offroad hard it smells.
It's more then broken in.