Bump stop adjustment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed this SVC bumpstop kit yesterday. I have Deaver +4HD springs.
Sitting at ride height I have 6 inches of possible upward shock travel. The bump has about 1-3/4 of piston travel. I currently have the bumps adjusted so that the bottom of the bumpstop is 5 inches from my bump pad.
The SCV instructions say to have about 1/2 of thread exposed at the bottom of the bump can, but I assumed that could only apply if you have stock height leaf springs. The photo show is not final adjustment, it’s just the only photo I have. I know there are some pretty knowledgeable do it yourselfers on here. Am I on the right track with my adjustment?

Attachments

• IMG_1058.jpeg
    IMG_1058.jpeg
    296.8 KB · Views: 13

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks ok to me. Just need to compress the suspension and see if its engaging where you want it. Good looking setup.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the shock being at an angle, actually moves less than where the bump pad is.. the shock swings with the axle as it compresses, so there might be 7 inches of shock shaft showing, but the axle will actually move 10in..

obviously these numbers are just thrown out there.. the only way to really find out for yourself is to cycle the suspension, which is a difficult task unless you disassemble the leaf pack

id just go with what SVC is saying and it should get you close..

also put some o-rings or small zipties on the shafts and that will show how much movement is happening when you take it off road.

OP
OP
Sig Fanboy

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the shock being at an angle, actually moves less than where the bump pad is.. the shock swings with the axle as it compresses, so there might be 7 inches of shock shaft showing, but the axle will actually move 10in..

obviously these numbers are just thrown out there.. the only way to really find out for yourself is to cycle the suspension, which is a difficult task unless you disassemble the leaf pack

id just go with what SVC is saying and it should get you close..

also put some o-rings or small zipties on the shafts and that will show how much movement is happening when you take it off road.
Yeah, compressing the suspension is a lot harder to do than drooping it. Do you think the ramp at my local 4x4 shop will work. My thought is I should be hitting the bumpstop just prior to the shock running out of stroke. Could only do one side at a time with the articulation ramp.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, compressing the suspension is a lot harder to do than drooping it. Do you think the ramp at my local 4x4 shop will work. My thought is I should be hitting the bumpstop just prior to the shock running out of stroke. Could only do one side at a time with the articulation ramp.
yeah that will give you a good idea where its at, but might not compress the shock all the way down too..

chain it to the floor... haha