Build date 11/6 Still at Factory

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fletch

Reaction score
Gents, first world problems here. Consider yourselves lucky you have any build dates whatsoever.

I’m in the big truck world and we have had entire 4th quarter builds get wiped off of the map.

We are just now able to reconsider re-quoting, re-selling, and re-ordering trucks and tractors along with a very substantial price increase. Then we get to build dates and are moving into 2023 rather quickly.

Count your blessings that you have a truck coming probably sooner rather than later and you know what you are paying for it.

If you want to blame someone, don’t blame Ford and be nice to your dealer and salesperson.

Blame the looney-birds that are keeping the ports of LA and Long Beach tied up with your parts. I’ve seen it first hand on a flight out of Orange County just a couple of weeks ago and the pictures that you see on the news do not do justice to the in person view of the container ship parking lot that is out there.

Fergs

Reaction score
They said it says it’s done but in their system says still in production. The delivery date moved now it says in production typically they said when they see that that means something is wrong they don’t have parts or it’s probably the chip or the fenders. They told me to call the dealer but the dealer doesn’t know nothing either but from what everybody says they’re running out of chips in the fenders Cell that’s the only thing I can think of.
So they didn't actually say anything about mid 22... Frustration is to be expected but let's not start spreading incorrect statements. There is another thread showing trucks being moved off the Dearborn lot so I'd hope they are getting back on track and fulfilling those older orders.

charlesraptor

Reaction score
First off the 9 MPG, I know people always say to me if you can afford an 80k truck you can afford the gas, which I can, but I just feel like I'm trying to conserve when I'm driving it. Secondly, I think the buttons by their big screen feel cheap. I sat in one of the new F150s and their screen feels much more redefined and quality. Just felt some of the things in the TRX felt really cheap...
I have a2017 gen2 with 97000 miles. I constantly get 16 to 16.5 city hwy driving . I use Costco regular gas almost always . My 2010 2014 gen ones got around 10 miles per gallon mostly premium gas . On list for 2022 my dealer waiting for allocation.